Thread: Please Stop Giving Out False Names

Would users please stop giving out false names for files so people will download them.

Its rather childish.

I may not have many files to share, but they are all genuine.

Nuff said, so losers, please fix your life.

2. Games   -   #2
    Originally posted by Blade {KOL}@5 May 2003 - 07:46
    Would users please stop giving out false names for files so people will download them.

Its rather childish.

Hmm.. it may not be the users. No offense, but I see that you just joined the forum today so I really dont expect you to read all the posts on this subject. They could be "plants" intentionally put thereby the likes of MPAA/RIAA to frustrate filesharers.. there has been alot of this going on.

Btw: welcome aboard

3. Games   -   #3
    Hmm...it's never going to stop.

Some idiots do it just for sheer devilment, some fakeys are just totally blank.

Never really had much trouble with it, myself. But then again, I'm one of those odd folks who actually look at the file details from all users that have it.

AVI preview works wonders too (for movies)......

4. Games   -   #4
    There are programs that can block these organizations IP's (method of connection to you)

Only problem is that by the time you block their IP's, several other regular users will have downloaded the fake file. The majority of kazaa users aren't even aware of Kazaa Lite, stupid organizations, or forums like this one, and they aren't computer literate enough to delete a fake file.

5. Games   -   #5
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Originally posted by Blade {KOL}@5 May 2003 - 06:46

Its rather childish.

I understand your frustration, but I think you're preaching to the choir here. That's exactly why the administrators of this board created the Verified sections. If you want to download a file, search the board for a hash and you're much more likely to get a working copy (though nothing is guaranteed ).