Thread: eMeul don't download any files

I can't seem to download an files. I have cable internet with a router connecting me. I was wondering if its the internet connection or the router. I really don't understand eMule. This is i'm first time.

Thank You

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    erRor67's Avatar Lord Of Everything
    First off, can emule even connect??

If you have a firewall, you will need to give emule internet access. If you have a router, you will have to open your emule ports (more info here: http://www.portforward.com ).
    blah blah blah... whatever...

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    emule connects.

I have a question regarding port fordwarding. Is Static Ip sddress my IP address.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    erRor67's Avatar Lord Of Everything
    You might not be able to download anything because you are waiting in line. One thing that sucks in emule is the waiting. Which is why i only recommend it for broadband users who can leave the program running for long periods of time.

As for IP addresses.. I think cable users have dynamic IPs meaning your IP changes every day (or time you connect). This IP (or even a static one) is what other people see on the internet. Hence, its your public IP. Then you have a local IP which is how your router identifies you. Its something like 192.168.0.100. This one is only within your network. When you port forward, you will have to specify which internal IP (ex. 192.168.0.100) you want that port to be forwarded to. That way, your router knows which computer to send the traffic it recieves on that port to.

Hope that helped....
    blah blah blah... whatever...