Thread: It's just not cricket

Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    So anyway, it seems that the Pakistanis didn't like getting penalised for scratching their balls

What a to-do. Sounds to me like that hairy umpire has got a bit of an attitude problem.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cric...nd/5268886.stm

Does anyone know if they did tamper with the ball? Apparently, there's no video evidence for it, so it seems unlikely considering there are about a brazilian cameras trained on their every movement

2. Sports Club   -   #2
    manker's Avatar effendi
    All that stuff with Daryl Hair is Pakistani smoke and mirrors, he was over at square leg - it was Billy Doctrove who called them for ball-tampering after inspecting the ball because of some insane reverse swing.

I think it is possible to alter the state of the ball without anyone noticing, during the bowler's run-in for example. So if the umpire says that the ball looks as if it's been tampered with, it probably has. They've been trained to spot such things and see non-tampered with cricket balls all the time.

The Pakistan team should have sucked it up, took the, very leniant, five run punishment and gone on to win the test. They were huge favourites to do so but instead, by not coming out after tea, they forfeited the game.

I think by staging the sit-in, they basically tried to blackmail the match referee into revoking the five-run penalty and insulted the umpires into the bargain - so they deserve whatever punishment the ICC throw at them.

The one day series will be fun
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Sports Club   -   #3
    Somebody somewhere must have seen something, I remember when Atherton got spotted putting dirt on the ball that once

I read they were trying to blame the damage on it being hit over the boundary, whereas in reality that ball hadn't been hit for 4 for over 3 overs, and never even hit for 6.

4. Sports Club   -   #4
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/5269906.stm

Inzamam-ul-Haq is charged with bringing the game into disrepute, and ball-tampering

5. Sports Club   -   #5
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    apparently that ball only lasted three overs

i also heard some nonsense about sensitivity around pakistan and ball tampering. something along the lines of "we have a history of cheating so you're not allowed to point it out"

6. Sports Club   -   #6
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins View Post

i also heard some nonsense about sensitivity around pakistan and ball tampering. something along the lines of "we have a history of cheating so you're not allowed to point it out"

Pakistani bowler Afridi said earlier this year that cheating by picking the seam is 'not wrong'.

Dave, where did you hear that the ball only lasted three overs - cos I'm pretty sure it didn't
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

7. Sports Club   -   #7
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    I thought it was after 53 overs

8. Sports Club   -   #8
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins View Post

Pakistani bowler Afridi said earlier this year that cheating by picking the seam is 'not wrong'.

Dave, where did you hear that the ball only lasted three overs - cos I'm pretty sure it didn't
    it was on radio 5 live

some ex england guy was all like well the ball got changed in the 50th over so that shit the pakistan guy is saying about it going two 6es is bull mother fucking shit, yo