Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Newsgroups

Actually the speeds seems to be my only gripe at the momment along with the "Q" factor, I'm also suprised at the amout of hits my PG is taking while on.
    this morning i've been trying to dl some mp3's and nearly all of the files have failed!  the error is a "sig match duplicate"
    I thought that meant it was already in your folder, though I'm not sure, maybe Jib can clue you in. Could also be a the news server having problems.

By the way I set up NewsBinPro, though it expires quickly, anyone got a hash to one that is possibly free, PM me if needed.

2. File Sharing   -   #32
    Well if your curious Jib, or anyone else check out Security For Shareaza, lOOks cool.

3. File Sharing   -   #33
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    Reality: Get a crack for newsbin at like, Cracks.am

Shareazza... so far I am not impressed. The hashing was horribly slow, even with fast hashing on, (130gigs didnt hash fast at all, still isnt done, yes i know, 4-5 different hashes a file, but still). So far, 98% of my sources were from the donkey/emule, hence, slow ass queue lines... seemed rare that a file i wanted, (i did two movies, apac now redux, and blade runner directers cut), was on the g2, or g1 networks... (shareaza/limewire, bearshare/etc)... so to me so far, its like, well might as well just use the slow ass donkey... at least till files circulate better, etc....

but the client is nice, nice features, well organized, etc... but im not impressed with the speeds, or the gnutella1 or 2 networks yet...

4. File Sharing   -   #34
    Originally posted by REALITY@10 May 2003 - 21:19
    I thought that meant it was already in your folder, though I'm not sure, maybe Jib can clue you in. Could also be a the news server having problems.
    i thought it may be that the files were already in my download directory, however, i moved all the files out of that directory into my shared folder and the problem persisted
    it's still happeneing, although only to about half of the files now

5. File Sharing   -   #35
    Well, worse case, uninstal the reader and reinstall.

6. File Sharing   -   #36
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by REALITY@10 May 2003 - 23:08
    Well if your curious Jib, or anyone else check out Security For Shareaza, lOOks cool.
    Checked it out already. I've been browsing the boards over there, trying to get a handle on everything this program has to offer. I'm still very impressed, but I can't get bittorrent downloads to work, and, like Schmiggy, it took forever to hash all my files. There is supposed to be a quick hash option, but I still can't find it.

edit:typo
    Proud member of MDS

7. File Sharing   -   #37
    I'm really happy to hear that you are having some success with the Newsgroups. So many people are intimidated by them, but its all pretty simple once you know what you are looking at. Like I said once before, Kazaa users have become spoiled by the simple "search and download" that it offers. Filesharing will always be around, but its going to get harder to find the files you want. If you can figure out newsgroups, then you can do IRC, or anything else that's out there.

One thing about Shareaza, is that it puts a graphic interface on some pretty complex shit. I don't think people even understand the complexity of what is happending behind the scenes. B)
    Proud member of MDS

8. File Sharing   -   #38
    I like the Shareaza format as well, alot, though I could not figure out the quick hash either. Unfortunattly after my first download which blew through at about 150kb/s, its been all quene and average 10kb/s. I thought it may have a point system so I've let it run strickly to upload, we'll see.

The Bittorent sucks however, just scamming on open network I figure. Slow to connect and does not show the upload speeds, nor would I imagine it stays open after completion (my guess), which is the whole point of Bittorent. You can turn it on in the section that asks how you want Shareaza to handle links. I've already turned it off, and actually just downloaded the new Bittoret 3.2.1.

9. File Sharing   -   #39
    I still can't get bittorent to work on my pc here. I keep getting an error message when I try to download anything. I can't get the bittorrent files to work inside of Shareaza either.

Regarding your speed, i'm sure it would vary, based on what network you are trying to download the file from. If its being downloaded from an emule client, then emule rules would apply. So in some cases uploading will help, other times it may not. I would also imagine that there would be less stress on the processor if you are only connected to one network at a time, though that defeats the purpose of putting them all in one program.
    Proud member of MDS

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234