Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Class Acts

manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by 4play View Post
    as my old man used to say "The royal family is what makes us different from the french"
    Did you resist the urge to raise one eyebrow in a quizzical manner when he said that.

Nah, you're not alone, my old man speaks pish on occasion too - just the other day he told me that United should break the bank to sign the lad from Canadia 'cos he and Carrick would be awesome together in the midfield ... I was like
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Hardly any, I can assure you.

Last I was in London I tried several times to view the Royals but they were never in their cages- it was always "nap time" or "feeding time" or some such nonsense.
    Had to settle for the giraffes and I can damn well see them at home.
    you have to catch them at happy hour. Im sure most of the royals are out then.

Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    Did you resist the urge to raise one eyebrow in a quizzical manner when he said that.

Nah, you're not alone, my old man speaks pish on occasion too - just the other day he told me that United should break the bank to sign the lad from Canadia 'cos he and Carrick would be awesome together in the midfield ... I was like
    there was eyebrow raisage especially since he decided to spell my name the ghey french way. I take it you never take your old man to watch that team that aint as good as us if he is making comments like that.
    Last edited by 4play; 08-22-2006 at 11:34 AM. Reason: speeling and stuff

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    I love the tourism argument, probably because it's the only justification people have left.

1, Tourists would come anyway. People still visit the Bastille, Arc de Triumphe and all the other historical places in Francais, sans a Royal Family. They come to see the palaces and the towers, the historical buildings and artefacts. Not the wastrels. The only people still interested in them are sad Englanders with not enough in their lives, who need to liive vicariously

2, Even if it were true, that they made us more than they cost. So fuck, they're an anachronism and demean all of us. Particullarly this latest batch, who are a laughing stock.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

4. Lounge   -   #14
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by 4play View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post

I take it you never take your old man to watch that team that aint as good as us if he is making comments like that.
    These days we only go to watch the Welsh rugby internationals but he used to take me all the time when I was a lad. He hasn't been interested since Cantona left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanié
    there was eyebrow raisage especially since he decided to spell my name the ghey french way.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Who here hasn't got hammered and felt someone up? They're in their twenties. Let them have their fun.

I doubt having people hound you every minute of every day of your life is all it's cracked up to be.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicNakor View Post
    Who here hasn't got hammered and felt someone up? They're in their twenties. Let them have their fun.

I doubt having people hound you every minute of every day of your life is all it's cracked up to be.

I agree I said that. If they want to be treated like everyone else great.

There is no pretence left of them being anything "special" or being an "example" to others, or being "role models". They just do whatever the want, fine. However you can't have it both ways. You ca't have all the privilige and say "fuck it" to the responsibility.

Just disband the whole thing and make us a republic. Then they can do what they want and we don't have to be subjects of an institutionally sectarian monarchy.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

7. Lounge   -   #17
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicNakor View Post

I agree I said that. If they want to be treated like everyone else great.

There is no pretence left of them being anything "special" or being an "example" to others, or being "role models". They just do whatever the want, fine. However you can't have it both ways. You ca't have all the privilige and say "fuck it" to the responsibility.

Just disband the whole thing and make us a republic. Then they can do what they want and we don't have to be subjects of an institutionally sectarian monarchy.
    I really hate to jump to conclusions, but you seem dissatisfied, somehow...bitter, if you know what I mean.

You might stop being so self-centered...think of the Canadians, for feck's sake...
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12