Thread: Bittorrent?

Poster
    I was wondering how to use bittorent.
    If you click on the file it downloads a .torrent file what do i do then...
    Also is bittorrent any good.? Is it fast? Which one is better kazaa or bittorent (for d/l movies)

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Poster
    Originally posted by JaVnI@5 May 2003 - 20:39
    I was wondering how to use bittorent.
    If you click on the file it downloads a .torrent file what do i do then...
    Also is bittorrent any good.? Is it fast? Which one is better kazaa or bittorent (for d/l movies)
    Once you have installed bittorent it doesn't really act like a normal program.

All you do is go to a site e.g.

http://bittorrent.bounceme.net/index.php?r...ecentcat=Movies

and click on the link for the file you want. Bittorrent will then ask where you want to put the file (or restart a partial download)

The file aren't really stored anywhere, everyone has partial downloads and shares them between each other, so you provide bits to people who don't have them yet. That's why it's important to keep a file open for a while after you have completed it. To let others finish.

Your download is proportionate to your upload.

Ironically Bittorrent is really good for new stuff, as lots of people are active with new files, however older ones can be more difficult as fewer people are active.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    I was trying to get the new X-Men through bitorant but I couldn't ever get it to connect. Oh well :'(

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    meh I'm download my third thing using it... great program. I get constand speed of around 110kb/s which is 20k under my max speed so this is great. The only problem is finding torrent files. but im starting to find more of those too... only annoying thing is that now im having a problem finish the last 20mb of "drumline" since a lot of people disconnect right after the download is finished... they should make it that after your download is over it blocks for 15min. so you HAVE to let it upload for 15min more after you're done downloading...

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    wow.. how do you get such high speed... I can get up to 150kb/sec on Kazaa.. but never above 40 on BT, and usually my upload is like 2 times my DL speed... it pisses me off... I'm all for sharing.. but only to the extent that I get about as much as I give...