Thread: Biggest & Acceptable U:D Ratio

Hi,

I have just joined Filesharingtalk and look forward to being more invovled in the community.

Just a quick question to people who bother to read this thread,

1. What is the biggest Upload Download RATIO you've ever achieved or have seen?
    Please post up photos as evidence if it is rediculously high.

2. What is the acceptable ratio that a noob like myself should strive to achieve.

Thanks People

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2
    A ratio of 1.1 is what most sites ask for and if you are a little under that you will not get kicked but then you wont probably get invited to other sites since when the invitee asks for proof it wont look good.

So anythng above 1.1 is what really helps you in the long run and anything below 0.5 will most likely be on the verge of getting you disabled for leeching, I am not saying all sites do this as each one is different but just be aware of it.

Last but not least some sites are unique and they have a share index which helps those that dont have fast uploads but are willing to share the file for a long time.

Edit:Typos

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Xsensei's Avatar ::DreAmer:: BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by DKre8ive1 View Post
    Last but not least some sites are unique and they have a share index which helps those that dont have fast uploads but are willing to share the file for a long time.
    I only know one with share index system...
    http://www.ftwr.in/pic/smilies/pent2.gif

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    PooBar's Avatar TorrentSlut BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    the biggest ratio number i havw e seen i forget but there have been many up in the thousands .xxx....2...you must seed to at least 1.1 on every torrent if you can't get it on one torrent make up for it on others ..if you are going to use private trackers then the more you seed the better...but for a n00b i think that at least 05 for a while until the n00b learns how it all works ..yes and many trackers give you bonus upload just as long as you have the torrent running , meaning you get upload without the leechers , not much but better than nothing and a leech most of the time comes by ...

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    berserk1980's Avatar BERSERK BT Rep: +4
    if your computer can work 7*24 (like mine) , you will get a bigbigbigbig ratio.
    you donot need do anything , just always open your client.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    iStix's Avatar I'm rich b*ch!!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    My ratio at Tvjunkies.... : 3,479,809,999.080 lol.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Commander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    berserk1980 i keep my comp on 24/7 and i get a good ratio but not bigbigbigbig lol, guess i download too much and have a bad connection.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    berserk1980's Avatar BERSERK BT Rep: +4
    guess you misunderstand me. hehe , i think
    ratio>0.95 is ok
    r>1.05 is good
    r>1.15 is sexy
    ratio > 1.3 is bigbigbig
    Last edited by berserk1980; 08-25-2006 at 08:48 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by berserk1980 View Post
    guess you misunderstand me. hehe , i think
    ratio>0.95 is ok
    r>1.05 is good
    r>1.15 is sexy
    ratio > 1.3 is bigbigbig
    Get to 1.05 ratio because that is ONE of the requirements to become a power user and the other is have 25GB uploaded.
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans