View Poll Results: What kind of gamer are you?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • PC

51 65.38%
  • Console Xbox/360

7 8.97%
  • Console Playstation

9 11.54%
  • Conslole more than 1 console

8 10.26%
  • Mobile gamer

2 2.56%
  • Gaming? Is that when you shoot mooses?

1 1.28%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What type of gamer are you?

Cheese's Avatar Poster
    PC.

Massive variety of games, from commercial games to homebrew games. Mods are very important as well as they can make a great game even better. Mouse and keyboard is infinitely easier to use than a joypad (except for football games..). Being able to upgrade hardware to get the best graphics is also very nice.

In fact, the only thing that has tempted me to buy a console is the lack of any decent wrestling games on the PC.

2. Games   -   #22
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
    PC.

Massive variety of games, from commercial games to homebrew games. Mods are very important as well as they can make a great game even better. Mouse and keyboard is infinitely easier to use than a joypad (except for football games..). Being able to upgrade hardware to get the best graphics is also very nice.

In fact, the only thing that has tempted me to buy a console is the lack of any decent wrestling games on the PC.
    That's right I forgot about mods but now that consoles have gone internet, they have mods too they just have to be "approved".

I really don't understand why consoles don't have mice. FPSs and RTSs are just better with them.

3. Games   -   #23
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    PC.

That's right I forgot about mods but now that consoles have gone internet, they have mods too they just have to be "approved".

I really don't understand why consoles don't have mice. FPSs and RTSs are just better with them.
    you play PC games at a desk. you play console games from the sofa

4. Games   -   #24
    Tempestv's Avatar Engineer
    No question- PC gamer- I've never even owned a console before. besides, I can't stand the console controler. besides, while a computer is more money, it offers so much more outside of games that I can't justify the purchase of a console. oh ya, and I don't own a tv to hook the console up to anyways.
    Plan for the worst, hope for the best

5. Games   -   #25
    Member BT Rep: +2
    Last edited by supermistermagik; 06-11-2008 at 07:58 AM.

6. Games   -   #26
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip The Jacker View Post
    PC Gamer, with some console gaming every now and then.

Oh, and handhelds. PSP + Devhook + 4GB MS = The shit.
    Tell me about it.....but i have 2GB dammit.
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

7. Games   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempestv View Post
    No question- PC gamer- I've never even owned a console before. besides, I can't stand the console controler. besides, while a computer is more money, it offers so much more outside of games that I can't justify the purchase of a console. oh ya, and I don't own a tv to hook the console up to anyways.
    Do you play platformers?

8. Games   -   #28
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    PC.

They have to be paid for as well unfortunately, Oblivion for the 360 has six or seven mods that cost about $2 each whereas the PC has an absolute plethora of free mods. In the case of Oblivion I can't imagine not playing it with a least 20 "vital" mods installed (such as No Psychic Guards, Oscuro's Overhaul and BTMod). Vanilla Oblivion is good but flawed.

I tend to think they'll keep the mods as having to be "approved" because the games companies and M$ like the idea of receiving micro-payments after they have sold you the game.

Of course, the counter-argument I guess, is that for a game like Oblivion for the PC you need to spend a fucking fortune and a fair bit of tweaking to have it running at its graphical best

9. Games   -   #29

They have to be paid for as well unfortunately, Oblivion for the 360 has six or seven mods that cost about $2 each whereas the PC has an absolute plethora of free mods. In the case of Oblivion I can't imagine not playing it with a least 20 "vital" mods installed (such as No Psychic Guards, Oscuro's Overhaul and BTMod). Vanilla Oblivion is good but flawed.

I tend to think they'll keep the mods as having to be "approved" because the games companies and M$ like the idea of receiving micro-payments after they have sold you the game.

Of course, the counter-argument I guess, is that for a game like Oblivion for the PC you need to spend a fucking fortune and a fair bit of tweaking to have it running at its graphical best
    True dat but free is free. I didn't know 360's mods cost money. I mean XB Live already costs money.

If I get a modded 360, I wonder is there a way for me to get the mods for free as well (internet) for a game such as Oblivion (for 360 of course).

I have a modded Xbox and want to get the mods for Splinter Cell (extra missions) but haven't looked into it yet.

To your last, I try to get a hook-up on graphics cards but they don't come by often. Memory doesn't cost much and I can usually find a legal good deal...often.

10. Games   -   #30
    PC all the way

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast