View Poll Results: What kind of gamer are you?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • PC

51 65.38%
  • Console Xbox/360

7 8.97%
  • Console Playstation

9 11.54%
  • Conslole more than 1 console

8 10.26%
  • Mobile gamer

2 2.56%
  • Gaming? Is that when you shoot mooses?

1 1.28%
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What type of gamer are you?

Seedler's Avatar T__________________T
    So are you a console gamer, or a PC gamer?

I'm all PC, never owned a console in my life.

PC rawks. All cheats, mods, tweaks, trainers, new maps, etc. are available for PC.

Not to mention you never have to buy a single PC game, and so many great games are free for multiplayer these days. (wolfenstein and F.E.A.R. anyone?)
    Biostar XE T5
    i5-750 @ 4.0 GHZ stable (CM Hyper 212)
    2 x 2GB Cosair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHZ
    Radeon 5850 @ 866/1254MHZ
    Intel X25-M in RAID 0
    WD Caviar Black 2TB in RAID 0
    3 x Asus 25.5" VW266H LCD [Eyefinity]

2. Games   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I own a PS2 but I haven't turned it on in probably 4 years.

I have only owned 4 PC games ever:

Far Cry I bought first. It's OK, but I never finished it as the save points are hours apart. I kept dying at this one part and would have to play for a good 45 minutes just to get back there again. After 3 or 4 times of that I gave up.

Next I bought Call of Duty with the expansion. I bought that probably 2 years ago and I still play it all the time. I think I might be the best online Call of Duty player out there. Seriously.

A few months back I bought Call of Duty2. The graphics where unbelievable, but the gameplay was pretty poor compared to CoD: United Offensive. It was basically the exact same game as the original Call of Duty before the expansion, but with better graphics. I uninstalled it 2 weeks after buying it and haven't ever played it again, and probably won't ever reinstall it.

I downloaded Brothers In Arms shortly after it came out. I can describe that whole game in four simple words: Run, flank, shoot, repeat. Boring!!!

I also have no intentions of ever buying another console. They're a rip off imo. Most of the games come out on PC. But again, I don't play many games and I'm very critical of the ones I do play, but PC games suit me just fine.

yo

3. Games   -   #3
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    I own a PS2 but I haven't turned it on in probably 4 years.

I have only owned 4 PC games ever:

Far Cry I bought first. It's OK, but I never finished it as the save points are hours apart. I kept dying at this one part and would have to play for a good 45 minutes just to get back there again. After 3 or 4 times of that I gave up.

Next I bought Call of Duty with the expansion. I bought that probably 2 years ago and I still play it all the time. I think I might be the best online Call of Duty player out there. Seriously.

A few months back I bought Call of Duty2. The graphics where unbelievable, but the gameplay was pretty poor compared to CoD: United Offensive. It was basically the exact same game as the original Call of Duty before the expansion, but with better graphics. I uninstalled it 2 weeks after buying it and haven't ever played it again, and probably won't ever reinstall it.

I downloaded Brothers In Arms shortly after it came out. I can describe that whole game in four simple words: Run, flank, shoot, repeat. Boring!!!

I also have no intentions of ever buying another console. They're a rip off imo. Most of the games come out on PC. But again, I don't play many games and I'm very critical of the ones I do play, but PC games suit me just fine.
    No way Dude, CoD 2 was teh shit, even though it was similar to the first. CoD2 was more open and stuff, and you had allies..

As for brothers in arms 2, i can't dispute what said, the game was indeed boring.

Well i've been finding myself enjoying emulators more and more simply, because they let you save WHEN EVER YOU FUCKING WANT, well depending of if the programmers implent it, which most of them do.. I wouldn't be as far as i am in FF7 (psx) if it werent for this... Emulators on pc + ps2 controller USB converter = PC PWNAGE over console... well i'll say im a PC gamer..

4. Games   -   #4
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Formula1 View Post

No way Dude, CoD 2 was teh shit, even though it was similar to the first. CoD2 was more open and stuff, and you had allies..

As for brothers in arms 2, i can't dispute what said, the game was indeed boring.

Well i've been finding myself enjoying emulators more and more simply, because they let you save WHEN EVER YOU FUCKING WANT, well depending of if the programmers implent it, which most of them do.. I wouldn't be as far as i am in FF7 (psx) if it werent for this... Emulators on pc + ps2 controller USB converter = PC PWNAGE over console... well i'll say im a PC gamer..
    CoD was the exact same as the first. Hell, half of the maps were even the same. (Carentan, Harbor, Dawnville, etc.)

It was the same gameplay with less features.

No sprint
    No nade cooking
    No satchels
    No jeeps
    No tanks
    No smoke

I thought surely this was just a ploy to bait me into buying a future expansion, but there isn't even one planned! If they knew the first time around that those were necessary features, and the public demanded them, why not include them in part 2??

yo

5. Games   -   #5
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    I've had PS2 and I have Xbox. The only time I play it is if im stoned at my friends house.

Pc is all I use..hopefully Dead Rising will come out for it soon.

6. Games   -   #6
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    Pc = World Of Warcraft = L337!!!

7. Games   -   #7
    frazer's Avatar I drew my avatar
    im i command and couquer is my thing
    add me on msn at [email protected] and ill give you free mafia gangster game codes for myql and php no instrucions though and is the normal aiport bullets killing crims jail stuff

8. Games   -   #8
    limesqueezer's Avatar kwasheni rejtash
    When i play i play old pc games and sometimes something else like doom games or some strategy, emulator games. I own a commodore 64 also.

9. Games   -   #9
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by Seedler View Post
    So are you a console gamer, or a PC gamer?

I'm all PC, never owned a console in my life.

PC rawks. All cheats, mods, tweaks, trainers, new maps, etc. are available for PC.

Not to mention you never have to buy a single PC game, and so many great games are free for multiplayer these days. (wolfenstein and F.E.A.R. anyone?)
    I hate using the keyboard and love the ps2 controller. I bought a thing for my pc so i could use my ps2 controller on my pc and i can tell ya its awesome.

Edit:- In the poll i wanted to choose both PC and Playstation....but oh well i guess the ps2 gets the priority!!!!! Although PC gaming experience is like the ps2 thanks to being able to use a ps2 controller.
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

10. Games   -   #10
    DiMCa's Avatar FST member BT Rep: +5
    I love my psp - it's fun having mobile console that graphically is equal to psone with great sound too and ability to play small videos

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast