Thread: Rogers Cap?

n00b BT Rep: +1
    Is it possible to view how much you've downloaded so far in a month? I read on some sites that Rogers is now enforcing a 60 GB monthly restriction. What happens if you exceed the limit? Please, reply.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I'm guessing if you exceed the monthly limit they first warn you then start charging you per gb after that. Well thats how it worked on my friends ISP.
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    DUMeter is nice, you can even set alarms when you get to a set amount

or you might look for a freeware program instead (wink wink)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Vargas; 08-25-2006 at 05:00 AM.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Your ISP will have a link to show you how much you 'v D/L in a month . I know Shaw and Delta cable do . Mabye you have to upgrade to a better plan ?

On your Rogers home page look for "Your Modem Usage." . Does n't matter if you use anouther program because they charge you by their standard .
    Last edited by peat moss; 08-25-2006 at 06:05 AM.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    they charge you by their standard .
    true that

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    Your ISP will have a link to show you how much you 'v D/L in a month . I know Shaw and Delta cable do.
    Not all ISP's do that tho'

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Well from one Rogers customer (wheres my "extreme" speed upgrade) to another here you go (my sympathies)
    https://www.shoprogers.com/web_auth/...NTETNGXF8E97K6
    You have to register to get the information you require....By the way the internet usage monitor is down right now ....I hear if you go over to much they throttle your account down to light speeds eewwwww... till the end of the useage month...I'm on the extreme speed package 6 meg 100 gig restiction...Barely worth the cost difference between hispeed and extreme now.You get 5meg and 60 gig....hispeed used to be 3meg service..I WANT MY 3 meg INCREASE........On a side note I hear rogers will offer 18 meg service soon(100$ a month) 100 gig cap...Not worth it TED BLOWS

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by accat13 View Post
    Well from one Rogers customer (wheres my "extreme" speed upgrade) to another here you go (my sympathies)
    https://www.shoprogers.com/web_auth/...NTETNGXF8E97K6
    You have to register to get the information you require....By the way the internet usage monitor is down right now ....I hear if you go over to much they throttle your account down to light speeds eewwwww... till the end of the useage month...I'm on the extreme speed package 6 meg 100 gig restiction...Barely worth the cost difference between hispeed and extreme now.You get 5meg and 60 gig....hispeed used to be 3meg service..I WANT MY 3 meg INCREASE........On a side note I hear rogers will offer 18 meg service soon(100$ a month) 100 gig cap...Not worth it TED BLOWS

$100 is a dirty price.....a bit too expensive. In the U.K you can get 10mbit uncapped for £35 which is like better if you think about it. Works out to be $80.
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Yes its strange what a little competition will do...There is not much choice when it comes to a cable connection in Canada....