Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Color Laser

Looking for any thoughts on the best deal and performance on a color laser printer.
    Also what has the better cost on cartridges when they need to be bought...

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    Beware, many of the sub-$500-800 printers have starter cartridges (half or quarter filled). Try to get one-pass processing because the multipass for each color tend to jam quicker because the long and multiple paper path. If you need duplexing (back to back) or networking, get it now because the upgrade path is very expensive. My neighbor bought a HP and it cost more to buy all four cartridges than buying a new printer! Good Luck!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Duffman's Avatar Poster
    All my experience with printers over the years has taught me to 1. never buy one from cannon, ever. And 2. If the cost of all the ink carts is more than the printer it's generally not going to live past the second set of ink.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    lynx's Avatar .
    It really repends on how much printing you intend to do. You also need to consider LED printers too.

I've got an Oki c3100, the nearest currently available printer is the c3200n.
    http://www.okidata.com/mkt/html/nf/C3200nHome.html

A word of warning, they are heavy and need a fair amount of space at each end in addition to the size of the printer, for both maintenance tasks and unusual print jobs. Performance is excellent though.

You can get refills for toner carts which produce almost as good results as the originals, though I'm told the starter carts can't be refilled.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    limesqueezer's Avatar kwasheni rejtash
    K, i have my prehistorial cannon bjc-250 and it works after all those years.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    suprafreak6's Avatar Suprafreak6 is Back!
    we are talking laser, yours is not laser

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    limesqueezer's Avatar kwasheni rejtash
    Quote Originally Posted by Global Jihad View Post
    we are talking laser, yours is not laser
    lol

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    My dad bought an HP color laser a few months ago and he has no complaints. He has the 3600n which costs around $700, but I know they have the 2600n for around $350.

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en...51-446153.html

yo

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Saw a Minolta at 200 or 300 that comes with cartridges. Seems the cartridges are a regular set printing around 4500 prints. Seems a good price. The drawback is the replacement cartridge set is like 400 or more so guess you toss the thing and get a new printer at that point...

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Duffman's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by limesqueezer View Post
    K, i have my prehistorial cannon bjc-250 and it works after all those years.
    Had that exact model, ran out of ink, put new ink in, printed one sheet and it said out of ink again. Called cannon up, they said it wasn't under warenty but they had a great deal on new printers. I cursed, hung up, and hit the printer with a baseball bat for awhile. Still have a black spot on my carpet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast