Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Torrent Harvester engines, invites required

FidoFuz's Avatar Member
    Hello, I'm the developer of a program called Torrent Harvester which currently searches over 130 torrent sites (public and private).

I would like to ask anyone out there for an invite to any one of these sites so I can add the ability to search on them from within Torrent Harvester:

Oink
    BitMe
    BitMeTV
    FileList
    TorrentLeech
    Torrent-Damage
    or any invite site you'd like to see included

I have demonoid invites for any knight in shining armour who can help me out. I'll also include you on a thanks page on the Torrent Harvester official site.

Thanks,

email: [email protected]

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #2
    search private trackers? thats a big no-no

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #3
    FidoFuz's Avatar Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phooart View Post
    search private trackers? thats a big no-no
    Say's who? Torrent Harvester already searches on 84 private sites. I've had not a single email of complaint from sysops requesting to have an engine removed from Torrent Harvester, but had 3 requests from sysops to add their private site to Torrent Harvester. Additionally, if I removed searches on certain private sites, users would just create their own engines from within Torrent Harvester and search on them anyways. Only yesterday I had a request from an administrator on TorrenTsRus to have it included in Torrent Harvester. It is now available via updates.

Users still need to be a member of a private site to search on it, and their download ratios are still affected accordingly when they download from such sites.

So, where's the "no-no"?
    Last edited by FidoFuz; 08-26-2006 at 02:52 AM.

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #4
    ok, sorry for misunderstood. either way, the big no-no is for your way of fishing out invites. but, good luck friend!
    Last edited by phooart; 08-26-2006 at 03:05 AM.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #5
    FidoFuz's Avatar Member
    ok, sorry for misunderstood. can you do the search even if you're not a member of a private site?
    Nope you must be a member, and additionally, you must have logged into the website via your browser at some point as Torrent Harvester needs to use your browser's cookies in order to retrieve the search data for private sites and to download torrents from those sites.
    either way, the big no-no is for your way of fishing out invites.
    ah, that's a different matter, I checked the stickys before posting to ensure I didn't commit a major faux pax, but didn't see anything that would make my post a no-no.

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #6
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    You would get instant approval/denial from many BT site operators if you posted a request over at thepeeergroup.
    I'm not saying they'd give out invites but if they approve they'd probably give you a help with integration.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #7
    FidoFuz's Avatar Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewie UK View Post
    You would get instant approval/denial from many BT site operators if you posted a request over at thepeeergroup.
    I'm not saying they'd give out invites but if they approve they'd probably give you a help with integration.
    thanks for the heads up, I don't really need help with integration as Torrent Harvester can handle any website design (and I've seen a few freaky designs). I'll check out thepeergroup, but still hoping some folks here could oblige, especially current Torrent Harvester users.

I'd hate to be one of those noobs who sign-up to a forum and the first thing they do is beg for an invite. I'm surprised I haven't come across thepeergroup before now. (sheesh what a flake, I signed up there a year ago)
    Last edited by FidoFuz; 08-26-2006 at 03:29 AM.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #8
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Yo fido i have sent you a pm.I love your program and want to do what i can to help so check out your box.

Also check you yahoo email.
    Last edited by deuce6000; 08-26-2006 at 04:13 AM.

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #9
    FidoFuz's Avatar Member
    Quote Originally Posted by deuce6000 View Post
    Yo fido i have sent you a pm.I love your program and want to do what i can to help so check out your box.
    Many thanks deuce, I'll make the relevant engine available as soon as invites open again.
    Last edited by FidoFuz; 08-26-2006 at 04:25 AM.

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #10
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Thanks bro

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast