Thread: Win Xp

I had no idea it was this good
    I installed it, and it even let me keep my files and programs (yes I know, this is nothing new to you guys,
    but imagine having to use millenium edition all this time, and then finally going over to this&#33
    My question is: It doesn't recognize my old programs (they don't appear in the programs bar)
    Any ideas?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    Yeah, you can run old programs on XP. Microsoft included a wizard to help you set up a program to run in a different configuration. Just follow these instructions:

Start > All Programs > Accessories > Program Compatibility Wizard

Then just follow the instructions in the wizard. I used this wizard to config a old game i had for Win95 to run with WinXP. So it should work.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    I think he is talking about that since the upgrade, his program links have dissapeared. Is that your problem? Did you do a clean install or and upgrade? I guess you did an upgrade. You may have to reinstall some of your programs again if you did and upgrade, and relink you icons in the program menu.

Anyway, good luck...I too had WinME and you can say goodbye to illegal operations. I have never had a problem with XP. Knock on wood. It is the bomb.

Just grab yourself styleXP for bug free themes and visual styles to spuce up the look of XP. TweakXP is great too.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by fallenknight308@6 May 2003 - 00:26
    I had no idea it was this good
    I installed it, and it even let me keep my files and programs (yes I know, this is nothing new to you guys,
    but imagine having to use millenium edition all this time, and then finally going over to this&#33
    My question is: It doesn't recognize my old programs (they don't appear in the programs bar)
    Any ideas?
    same here man...i used ME before i installed XP. I was like....Soo Much Stuff!! SO LITTLE TIME!!! HO HO HAA SWEET!!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by mobboss01@5 May 2003 - 17:16
    I think he is talking about that since the upgrade, his program links have dissapeared. Is that your problem? Did you do a clean install or and upgrade? I guess you did an upgrade. You may have to reinstall some of your programs again if you did and upgrade, and relink you icons in the program menu.

Anyway, good luck...I too had WinME and you can say goodbye to illegal operations. I have never had a problem with XP. Knock on wood. It is the bomb.

Just grab yourself styleXP for bug free themes and visual styles to spuce up the look of XP. TweakXP is great too.
    I did a clean install, but they are still there (*whew*)
    I've just decided I'll transfer the old music, delete the stuff I don't need, and re-install the rest.
    Thanks