Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: How much does FilesharingTalk.com make from advertising?

  1. #1
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    CO
    Age
    40
    Posts
    29,631
    How much does FilesharingTalk.com make from advertising?

    There are quite a few advertisments in tricky areas up top. How often are they clicked? How much revenue do they bring in? Is there any profit-sharing in our future?



    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    The FST Last.fm group

  2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,262
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    How much does FilesharingTalk.com make from advertising?

    There are quite a few advertisments in tricky areas up top. How often are they clicked? How much revenue do they bring in? Is there any profit-sharing in our future?
    What a crass question.

  3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    FreeDoom's Avatar Obsessed By Cruelty
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    568
    lol maybe he has a forum and would like to have an idea about how much...?

  4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    24,069
    It didn't used to but since the end of last year this site makes enough the cover the server costs atleast.
    It does make more but I won't get too much into that as it's rookiecrd1's business and up to him if he wants to post the specifics.

  5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,262
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco View Post
    It didn't used to but since the end of last year this site makes enough the cover the server costs atleast.
    It does make more but I won't get too much into that as it's rookiecrd1's business and up to him if he wants to post the specifics.
    Excellent, the board is self sustaining.

    Now only if rookie didn't have a gambling problem........

  6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    CO
    Age
    40
    Posts
    29,631
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco View Post
    It didn't used to but since the end of last year this site makes enough the cover the server costs atleast.
    It does make more but I won't get too much into that as it's rookiecrd1's business and up to him if he wants to post the specifics.
    Excellent, the board is self sustaining.

    Now only if rookie didn't have a gambling problem........
    ...then we might be able to talk about that profit sharing hullabaloo.



    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    The FST Last.fm group

  7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    I guess you have to ask boss this question

  8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    But Y u wanted to know

  9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco View Post
    It didn't used to but since the end of last year this site makes enough the cover the server costs atleast.
    What kind of server and monthly bandwidth are we talking about? Must be quite a lot with all of us bandwidth leeches.

  10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    UCA007's Avatar |U C A|
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    19
    I think of it like this, just like any other business. If you're not making any money than you won't exist. Yes, some communities can survive from member's donations and self sustain but at some point you're going to have to make some bit of money to cover the cost of all the hard work you put it in. Just barely making the bills and not having anything extra for all your work will just lead to the normal and all to popular, "I love this community and all the members but as of right now, life is too busy. I find myself not having any time to work, live life and keep contributing to our community... blah blah blah". It just means that there is no money and just barely covering the bills is not enough for the amount of work the creator puts in.

    The site makes enough to cover itself at least. You can expect that.
    If at first you don't succeed, try management...
    ----
    "Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither" -- Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •