Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why The Hell Are They Shit Quality

Poster
    ive downloaded 2 films of irc both over a gig in size and when ive used vcdgear or daemon tools to play them they have been shit quality! am i doin something wrong cos i kno a film over a gig should have decent quality??

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    No matter how big the filesize is, if the original is a camcorder copy then it was always look bad.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Poster
    ok well i didnt think dreamcatchers from irc would be shit, y do they bother posting them in the first place i couldnt even watch it?

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Man, its in gr8 quality im d/l from irc and sharing it in Kazaa,
    you need to burn the BIN, CUE, on cd then you will see it gr8 if its SVCD quality
    then play it in your DVD, if its still not playing wall in your PC i think you need new
    codec ....
    good luck ...

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Yeah I know, I can't handle cams at the best of times, let alone when they're 1 and a half gigs big.

Same with the X-Men 2 copy. I guess when people are desperate they will try and get the best possible quality from a crappy source regardless of the filesize.

You could try http://www.vcdquality.com to check out a sample of the quality first.

edit:It doesn't look too great from what I've seen - I guess the problem is everyone's definition of what a decent copy is.

Just because it's an SVCD doesn't mean the quality is any good if the original source is a camcorder. No encoding is gonna make that look good.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Sorry, double post.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Poster
    so r ya saying its just shit cos im trying to run it from my comp??? if i burn it to disc it will be fine?

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    BANNED
    so r ya saying its just shit cos im trying to run it from my comp??? if i burn it to disc it will be fine? 
    Well yes if waht people say is true and that it really is good quality yes, however is it an mpeg 1 or 2??? or is it just an AVI remember it u have to encode the avi in shit quality it will play shit quality!!

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Poster
    ok cheers guys i think i got it!

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Poster
    can sum1 plz link to the guide i cant find it!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast