Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: iso file

limesqueezer's Avatar kwasheni rejtash
    I know my vlc played sometimes rars, and sometimes it can't play image files, i still don't know what you try to proove here. Vlc ain't the promissed land, did you ever try something else than vlc, i think they play files that they shouldn't especialy if you rename a movie file into iso just by hand, nothing what other players couldn't do it. I heard 2 times from someone on my hub that it is possible to change the iso file into mpg or avi or other way around just by renaming the file extension, do you agree ?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by limesqueezer View Post
    ... I heard 2 times from someone on my hub that it is possible to change the iso file into mpg or avi or other way around just by renaming the file extension, do you agree ?
    No.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    @limesqueezer
    no, u got it wrong. wht i mean is, after i've extracted the file, then i play it with vlc; not using vlc to play it without extracting.

@VB
    yea, i extract the file with isobuster, it works, but i still have no idea why are the files in separate.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    limesqueezer's Avatar kwasheni rejtash
    Well i thought that you can't extract it, soo what file type did you extract ?
    Now don't tell me that iso is a movie file cause it is a cd image.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    yea, its .iso file

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    What type of file do you get after you extract the .iso?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    they're .vob files

8. Software & Hardware   -   #38
    Quote Originally Posted by kulakuala View Post
    they're .vob files
    That's the contents of a DVD. Burn the contents to a DVD from the original .iso image with ImageBurn as mentioned before. Or you could use DVD Shrink to edit/preview the contents. Or you could playback directly from your hard disk with something like PowerDVD launching with the VIDEO_TS.IFO file.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #39
    i don pick to burn, so, i play it with powerDVD? so...the files will play in a whole?
    another thing, when i extract the folder, there're 2 files in it, one's the audio and another's the video, do i have to mx them up or just leave them?
    Last edited by kulakuala; 09-06-2006 at 12:58 PM.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #40
    You can acctually open iso files with winrar as well. Not many people know this though.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast