Thread: Best Block Account Plan?

I'm a moderate Usenet user and feel getting a unlimited account would be a waste of money for my usage so currently I'm looking at block accounts. The only 2 I could really find that suit my needs are..

Usenet-News $32 / 100 gigs / 71 day retention for binaries

Astraweb $25 / 90 gigs / 25 day retention for binaries

I was wondering if there were other Usenet providers offering similar deals and if any one has any experience with Usenet-News and Astraweb?

Any information would be much appreciated, thanks.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Think PowerUsenet has the best price and service on block accounts.
    You can support the site here and signup through our reffer link...
    http://www.powerusenet.com/?a=fst

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    PowerUsenet does not offer non-expiring block accounts; no Giganews reseller does. PowerUsenet only has unlimited and monthly rate plans.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    snakebite's Avatar Need Help BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I used UseNext and the speed great and I get 100gig for 25 euro....not a bad deal I must say

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    RealitY, thanks for the suggestion but a monthly rate plan isn't really what I'm looking for. Mesaman pretty much hit it on the head what I had in mind.

Snakebite, I didn't even see that plan listed on their site. Also read a lot of mixed reviews on UseNext. Thanks for the suggestion tho.

I'm going to look around for another day or two but if I can't find anything comparable to the 2 plans I'll probably go with Usenet-News because of longer retention.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by snakebite View Post
    I used UseNext and the speed great and I get 100gig for 25 euro....not a bad deal I must say

I use Giganews unlim and pay 25$ a month and downloading an average of 400GB per month. Much better

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    BTMach's Avatar BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by MultiForce View Post

I use Giganews unlim and pay 25$ a month and downloading an average of 400GB per month. Much better
    I use Newshosting Unlimited and pay 13.95 a month (6 month subscription) have had it for 2 weeks and have downloaded 387GB even better

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Jimi...'s Avatar Mister Subtle
    Hmm, the word "sucker" comes to mind.

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    no u see the unlimited acounts that cots more are great for poepl that dl heaps, but i only use block account cause my isp only allows me to dl 20 gigs a month. Now i have astraweb and unsenet-news, so i pay say 25 for astraweb which with giganews last me like 1 month, but astraweb last me like 4 months, so much better deal for me than to pay more and not use the capacity.
    Also out of the two i find astraweb dls much faster with usenet-news i get 600KBps with astraweb i get 1.3MBps

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    Thanks cupid_112_munna, I was hoping someone could compare the 2