Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beeping PC

Tempestv's Avatar Engineer
    run it in safe mode- that will kill the vast majority of background processes- if the sound stops, it's caused by one of your background processes.
    Plan for the worst, hope for the best

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Poster
    Ok I ran it in Safe Mode and it made no diference. I take it that means bad news.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Her's something I found on another forum:

My Computer is Beeping Every Ten Minutes...
    JCP May-10-02 11:35 AM
    In response to message 7

The problem has been solved! Thanks to Brian and Larry's suggestions, I tested my system in both the BIOS screen as well as the Safe Mode. There was no beeping evident in either screen. So it looked like a software problem...probably XP. So I started digging and exploring XP left and right, and I discovered a little thing called Event Viewer. Here I noticed a frequent error that kept popping up every few minutes...IPSEC can't be found or something. So I went into Start, Run, then services.msc and tried starting and stopping anything that looked like it might be causing that problem. I eventually found the sucker, and as soon as I enabled it, the errors went away COMPLETELY. No more beeping. And my system is running as smooth as silk and extremely fast. I really want to thank Brian and Larry for responding and for really trying to solve my problem. Other sites were quick to blame my board or memory...but you guys took a logical approach, and now my system is fixed. Thanks again.
    JCP

So maybe event viewer can help you as well to determine whats causing the error beep.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12