Thread: Techies please help..A question about bitttorent downloading

okay, im at a hotel now, and will be at one for a little while.

Im addicted to bittorent and downloading, but everytime i download, the hotels isp blocks my port 80 and prevents me from surfing the web and downloading at the same time....

is there a workaround around this?

can anyone help please?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    what do you mean they block port 80 while your downloading? does the download continue while your doing this? and which port are you running the client through?

I would suggest encrypting the data that is going through using either uTorrent (my choice ) or Azureus, this might do the trick for you

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Either encrypt with the program your downloading with. or try changing the ports that your using. Could also try using a proxie for downloading as well.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Halt3r View Post
    what do you mean they block port 80 while your downloading? does the download continue while your doing this? and which port are you running the client through?

I would suggest encrypting the data that is going through using either uTorrent (my choice ) or Azureus, this might do the trick for you
    im assuming they block my port 80 because i cannot surf the internet after utorrent starts downloading torrents for about 5 minutes.

I have no idea what port im running my client through. If i change it, will that make a difference?

I think im going to try to encrypt the data and see how that goes.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Melvinmeow View Post
    Either encrypt with the program your downloading with. or try changing the ports that your using. Could also try using a proxie for downloading as well.

proxie? how would i go about using that?

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    look em up on google. Theres lots of free proxies available to use if you check on the right sites.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    try proxyswitcher

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    pECi's Avatar ZOMG!! Torrent PLSSS BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    http://metal.iplay.ro/pic/rmtlogosig.gif