Thread: Laptop Help !!

Rizindon's Avatar Poster

Urgent

So Recently I've Bought A Laptop ... It was bought of sum friend nehow it doesn't have it original power cord etc... so i bought one from Maplins !! u kno that wrks with all u can change the amp ....
    thing is now it cums on but the battery dont charge ... itl charge for 10 seconds and the light go off ....

wat can i do !!
    It is a Ergo Mercury 2 P4 - Win XP Pro...
    Ive done a fresh install of XP installed all drivers.... so y wudnt it charge ! ... is it the incorrect voltage ?!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    I can't read what you posted.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Tempestv's Avatar Engineer
    I think I understand what he is saying- he bought a laptop off a friend. the laptop did not come with a power adaptor. He bought a universal adaptor from "maplins" I think he is saying that he can turn on the laptop when it is plugged in, but the battery charge light only stays on for ten seconds.

if the laptop tuns on while plugged in, it doesn't sound like the wrong voltage. the battery isn't currently charged is it? if not, it sounds like something wrong in the charging system on the laptop.
    Plan for the worst, hope for the best

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempestv View Post
    I think I understand what he is saying- he bought a laptop off a friend. the laptop did not come with a power adaptor. He bought a universal adaptor from "maplins" I think he is saying that he can turn on the laptop when it is plugged in, but the battery charge light only stays on for ten seconds.

if the laptop tuns on while plugged in, it doesn't sound like the wrong voltage. the battery isn't currently charged is it? if not, it sounds like something wrong in the charging system on the laptop.
    Thanks for the clarification.

He should get the proper power supply that is made for his laptop. Why even risk connecting something else to something as expensive as a laptop?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    dodgy368's Avatar Poster
    Bought a laptop without a charger from a friend?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    You should try and find out the specifiactions of the original charger...And compare it to what you are trying to use..The amperage could be to low...But VB is correct you should try and buy an original charger...

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgy368 View Post
    Bought a laptop without a charger from a friend?
    Well at least he is not here asking for laptop bios password help