Thread: Which Category does such songs belong to????

Arrow

I had a collection of songs like sandstorm,bellisma(the spell might be wrong), etc.

I had lots of 'em as major part of the songs consisted only music can't really remember the names .

If anyone here listens to such songs then plz name a few I'll download c if it is one of the one's i had before my hdd fused off. Even if i know the proper category then its good .

They, were similar to this one, this file contains the pest part of the song
    http://rapidshare.de/files/29848310/...nimal.mp3.html

2. Music   -   #2
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Try out some DJ Tiesto, I'm sure you'll like it. I may be a metalhead but techno/rave/trance is where I originally got into music and I still do listen to it from time to time.

Flight 643 by Tiesto is an amazing one.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

3. Music   -   #3
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    I think this sort of stuff gets referred to as 'trance' on p2p networks, althoug it bears little resemblance to the trance from the late 80s.

More like Eurotrance

You may want to check out Scooter. Can't stand his stuff myself, but you might.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

4. Music   -   #4
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewie UK View Post
    I think this sort of stuff gets referred to as 'trance' on p2p networks, althoug it bears little resemblance to the trance from the late 80s.

More like Eurotrance

Scooter is crap, its mainstream music targeted for emo's and what not.

If you want good songs check out DJ Jean, or Tiesto like I said. There are thousands and thousands of good mixes for raves and techno (and ya eurotrance or whatever you want to call it) out there under various DJ and artist names, and its 99% of the time the good stuff isn't the mainstream stuff. In fact I'll go out on a limb and say anything you hear on the radio is crap when it comes to trance/techno/rave, unless you have like xm radio or w/e where you get exclusive channels (that's a different story).

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

5. Music   -   #5
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Quote Originally Posted by cpt_azad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewie UK View Post

More like Eurotrance

Scooter is crap, its mainstream music targeted for emo's and what not.
    Yep, Scooter is definitely crap, although hardly 'emo' going by the 'emo's my kids know.

Actually, I don't like most of it - eurodance-by-numbers rehashes of old tunes made to a formula... 16 bars intro with a beat then 8 bars wishy-washy keyboards without the beat before 8 bars wishy-washy with vocal and then into the chorus with the drum machine on again.

Having said that, Sandstorm is a killer track.

I only say 'trance' cos that's the genre that these tracks always seems to have in their tags if you get them from p2p.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

6. Music   -   #6

Arrow

Try out some DJ Tiesto, I'm sure you'll like it. I may be a metalhead but techno/rave/trance is where I originally got into music and I still do listen to it from time to time.

Tiesto Aaahhhh!!!! adagio in strings simply rocksss!!!!!

7. Music   -   #7
    Poster

You should check out some Agrotech like Combichrist, Psyclon Nine, Grendel, Tamtrum, Hocico and Tactical Sekt...Being a metalhead, you should appreciate the aggression and enjoying electro, you should like the sounds
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

8. Music   -   #8
    system of down, lamp of god, ironmaiden, korn & slayer is also cool