Thread: Last 2 years on eMule..?

MultiForce's Avatar Poster

Question Mark

It's 2 years since I used eMule. I now just use newsgroups.

A couple of days ago I installed Neo mule as I used it before. Going to grab a few TB of old stuff to save it before it dies out for good (the files and not the network).
    As I have a neighbour that is a total idiot, and is using my parking lot when he wants, I just use his wireless router/internett acces for the mule.

He has 8Mbps/1Mbps.

Now to the interesting part:

When I used eMule before I had MAX 100 KB/s in average speed during 24 hours use, even though the mule was on 24/7. And believe me, I tried every client out there with different settings to get it faster, NO GO!

Now the mule has an average of 250KB/s. Of course there is some files that is faster than others, depending on the sources. I have been up to 624KB/s as max.

Is it just because more and more people are getting ADSL/CABLE/FIBRE etc. or have my previous years just been a total disaster?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    erRor67's Avatar Lord Of Everything
    It could be a variety of things..

Yeah, probably more people have high speed internet nowadays than 2 years ago.
    It could also be the sources you had for your files or how you configured emule (ports, etc).

And there is KAD. I dont know if it existed 2 years ago but it certainly does help you now.

But hey, its a good thing you are getting fast speeds so dont complain.
    blah blah blah... whatever...

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Its most likely from a large migration of fsattrack members or because your an FST member...

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Curious to know what version of Neo? Was it an older version? The older versions were considered leech mods because they had some feature that could be set to make the client more agressive.

I think it could also be the Asians.

There are a lot more Asians using ed2k than before, and there's quite a few forums with their own clients. Some of these mods were deemed leechers because they give a 50000 bonus to like clients. However, what was over looked was the fact that the majority of these clients users have 10MB connections. So yes, they prefer to UL to each other 1st, but they all quickly become full sources, now mass UL to you.

Well, if your smart enough to not block them.

I've managed to get some new releases put on ed2k by some Asian communities faster on ed2k than off of private BT sites.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    The version I'm using now is 4.20. Don't seen anything about this beeing a lecher mod now. It was for a while before.

What does it help to be an FST member?

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Well, he was either trying to be funny or was talking about community tags. Basicly, you add [FST] to the beginning of your user name and whenever you download from someone who has enabled community tag support for [FST] you get "priority" which usually ends up with faster downloading.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    I'm completely serious, not joking at all.

There are quite a few boards similar to this 1 that are based in Asia. ex Pruna (Korean), VerryCD, DonkeyHote (China). These boards generally also have their own clients (Mods), which give huge boosts to their own clients through using Community tags.

In the past, these Mods were seen as leechers, and were banned by most clients. Now, theres even more users with these clients, and they all pretty much dont share tonnes of files, and have 10MB connections. Since they arent sharing tonnes of files, you rotate through their Q way faster than other users, and when you do get to DL, you also get great speeds.

When 1 of these Asian boards posts a brand new 700MB file on the network, their own clients will prefer to UL to each other. After 1-2 hours, all these Asian clients will have the file complete, so now there are dozens of 10MB connections now mass spreading the file to everybody.

These Asian communities that were previously seen as leechers and banned, are technically more like a network backbone than leechers.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Ah ok. Had the same little thing on FTI and Shareconnector etc.
    Haven't looked around much on the ed2k sections here yet.

Thanks for the info guys. eMule still going strong with an average of 187 KB/s

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by NeBr8D View Post
    I'm completely serious, not joking at all.

There are quite a few boards similar to this 1 that are based in Asia. ex Pruna (Korean), VerryCD, DonkeyHote (China). These boards generally also have their own clients (Mods), which give huge boosts to their own clients through using Community tags.

In the past, these Mods were seen as leechers, and were banned by most clients. Now, theres even more users with these clients, and they all pretty much dont share tonnes of files, and have 10MB connections. Since they arent sharing tonnes of files, you rotate through their Q way faster than other users, and when you do get to DL, you also get great speeds.

When 1 of these Asian boards posts a brand new 700MB file on the network, their own clients will prefer to UL to each other. After 1-2 hours, all these Asian clients will have the file complete, so now there are dozens of 10MB connections now mass spreading the file to everybody.

These Asian communities that were previously seen as leechers and banned, are technically more like a network backbone than leechers.
    Actually, I was talking about RealitY post about getting fast speeds because of being a FST member.