Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best private tracker for avi, mpg type files

Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.K View Post
    I'm just getting used to unpacking these rar files with Winrar. One of of two worked successfully.One I downloaded was an animated feature which plays MP4 video. I have Windows media player and BS player. After downloading the codecs from the Ace mega codecs pack, pro edition, I thought for sure the file would play. No such luck. The audio is fine. The video doesn't come in though.
    Which means that you either got a codec confliction (if thats even a word) or the required codec isnt in the codec pack you installed.

Some say I've got a bad attitude, but that don't change the way I feel about you!

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    you can try looking up k-lite codec pack on google. Thats the one I use and have never had issues. Also if you have a program like virtual dub. You can view the info about the codecs used on a particular file and then search for that particular codec on the net.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Euronymous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.K View Post
    I'm just getting used to unpacking these rar files with Winrar. One of of two worked successfully.One I downloaded was an animated feature which plays MP4 video. I have Windows media player and BS player. After downloading the codecs from the Ace mega codecs pack, pro edition, I thought for sure the file would play. No such luck. The audio is fine. The video doesn't come in though.
    Which means that you either got a codec confliction (if thats even a word) or the required codec isnt in the codec pack you installed.
    I've heard of the K-lite codec pack. I'll have to check it out. I thought for sure Ace mega codecs would have had it. Oh well. I'll check out K-lite and see what they install.

Thanks!

It could be a codec confliction too. I guess anything is possible?

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Melvinmeow View Post
    you can try looking up k-lite codec pack on google. Thats the one I use and have never had issues. Also if you have a program like virtual dub. You can view the info about the codecs used on a particular file and then search for that particular codec on the net.
    Sounds interesting, Melvin. Thanks!

I've never heard of "virtual dub". Is this a free program?

5. BitTorrent   -   #15

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12