Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'm just so freakin angry right now!

Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Agrajag View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by newcster68 View Post

Im not trying to add value to the car. Im trying to make it my personal project and of course to make it the best looking and best riding cab in my city. Kinda like Tim, the tooltime taylor
    TOOLMAN
    wrong thread

[/dabbling]

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

2. Lounge   -   #22
    newcster68's Avatar Taxicab Co. Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco View Post
    Well, they freakin charged my $345.00 because they said they had to put new oxygen sensors on both which ran 114.95 a piece.
    Me and my dad had to replace one of those on his van about a month and a half ago and it took us about 20 minutes...without knowing what we were doing.
    There's no way that took the 4 hours for them to do unless the price is just high because the sennsors were expensive
    I did say the they had to replace 2 of the oxygen sensors because the 2 original were so rusted and stripped to the other catalytic converters they could not save them. So they put 2 new ones on which were $114 a piece. then $100 for the labor. The reason for the longevity to install was cause this car I got from Ohio which has lots of salt in the air especially during winter. So the under carriage of this car is extremely rusty. They actually has to use a soddering flame gun to burn the bolts off and the put new bolts to replace the old.

If you ever decide to purchse a vehicle off ebay or from anyone make sure the car is not from Ohio or any northern state cause the body or underneath rusts 10 times faster than a car from the south.
    Last edited by newcster68; 08-31-2006 at 10:47 PM.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    catalytic, ffs, it's catalytic

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

4. Lounge   -   #24
    newcster68's Avatar Taxicab Co. Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Bo View Post
    catalytic, ffs, it's catalytic
    Thanku.. I knew I was mispellling it.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Me and my dad had to replace one of those on his van about a month and a half ago and it took us about 20 minutes...without knowing what we were doing.
    There's no way that took the 4 hours for them to do unless the price is just high because the sennsors were expensive
    I did say the they had to replace 2 of the oxygen sensors because the 2 original were so rusted and stripped to the other catalytic converters they could not save them. So they put 2 new ones on which were $114 a piece. then $100 for the labor. The reason for the longevity to install was cause this car I got from Ohio which has lots of salt in the air especially during winter. So the under carriage of this car is extremely rusty. They actually has to use a soddering flame gun to burn the bolts off and the put new bolts to replace the old.

If you ever decide to purchse a vehicle off ebay or from anyone make sure the car is not from Ohio or any northern state cause the body or underneath rusts 10 times faster than a car from the south.
    Ya, all the cars here are rusty. My friend's car is from california where his grandpa lives...he gave it to him. It was in such good ocndition when he got it like no rust at all and it's like a 92.
    Has rust now though i'm sure.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    They actually has to use a soddering flame gun...
    What's that? Is it anything like a blowtorch?

Seriously, why would any sane man, who uses his car to make a living, spend so much money on its appearance before making sure it's safe?
    Oh hang on, I think I realise now what's going on here.

BTW, any rust will come right back atcha unless you treat both sides of the metalwork. Mind you, you can then buy another car off ebay and sling your shiny bits on that.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

7. Lounge   -   #27
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    I'm sure Skizo could shed more light on this, but I remember (this is going back 25 years, when I worked auto parts and custom) UPS would only ship 3 of 4 tires, or 3 of 4 rims of any individual order on one day.

I don't ever remember being given a good reason why this was; may have been some embarrassing internal thievery going on, but who knows, it may still be the case...
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mulder View Post
    files haringtalk.com
    Looking.......looking......looking.....oh there it is!!

Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    I'm sure Skizo could shed more light on this, but I remember (this is going back 25 years, when I worked auto parts and custom) UPS would only ship 3 of 4 tires, or 3 of 4 rims of any individual order on one day.

I don't ever remember being given a good reason why this was; may have been some embarrassing internal thievery going on, but who knows, it may still be the case...
    Really? That's odd. That could have been some strange regulation of ours that's been thrown out. These days we'll p/u 100 rims if that's what you've got.

If we don't pick it up, we aren't making money.

As far as all of the rims not making their destination on the same day, there could be a whole list of reasons. Chances are that with something such as a rim that probably wouldn't damaged, that the label wasn't affixed properly and it has ended up in "overgoods". Have you tracked it?

EDIT: Oh....I see that FedEx lost the rim. Figures.

As for the thievery part J2 - UPS has guard-shacks and metal detectors and all sorts of security when we leave the property. It would be a highly complex process to steal something such as a rim.

We have employees that are caught stealing now and again, but it's usually for pilfering packages that contain pills or small jewelry.
    Last edited by Skizo; 09-01-2006 at 12:51 AM.

yo

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    Well, they freakin charged my $345.00 because they said they had to put new oxygen sensors on both which ran 114.95 a piece.

Sure it would..they probally charge for the full hour at 90-100$ an hour.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123