Thread: Martial Arts?

Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    maebach > seedler

fact.

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Agrajag's Avatar Just Lame
    If you want to learn a martial art which really teaches you to fight, gets you fit, bit of discipline etc then Ju Jitsu is the way to go.

Most of the UFC fighters are now trained specifically for that. However a lot of them have a Ju Jitsu background as well. In the early days of mixed martial arts the Ju Jitsu exponents, particularly the Brazillion stylists won most of the time.

Ju Jitsu does do kicking, punching and throwing. However it also does locks, chokes etc. It brings in the best, most effective parts of everything.

If you want flash, but you can't actually fight very well, then Tae Kwon Do is your man.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    DorisInsinuate's Avatar Four Star Cynic
    What J'P said.

If I wasn't so lazy I would have a go at a Filipino styles since they have more focus on knives, which is probably most relevant when you're walking down the street in Croydon.
    It's hot in Topeka.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Agrajag View Post
    If you want to learn a martial art which really teaches you to fight, gets you fit, bit of discipline etc then Ju Jitsu is the way to go.

Most of the UFC fighters are now trained specifically for that. However a lot of them have a Ju Jitsu background as well. In the early days of mixed martial arts the Ju Jitsu exponents, particularly the Brazillion stylists won most of the time.

Ju Jitsu does do kicking, punching and throwing. However it also does locks, chokes etc. It brings in the best, most effective parts of everything.

If you want flash, but you can't actually fight very well, then Tae Kwon Do is your man.
    I did Ju-Jutsu for years. What has stuck with me best, and what I've always found useful is just being able to fall down without hurting myself. The amount of training we went through just learning to fall down right gave me reflexes I hope I never lose.

It has probably saved me from breaking a few bones and quite possibly my neck when doing silly things, both drunk and sober.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    SnnY FTW.

The other good thing about things like Ju Jitsu is that you learn to deal with proper fighting. When you get hit you don't panic, you take it for what it is, most folk can't actually hit very hard. You don't back off and cower like a wee lassie. You walk thro' it and you react the way you have been trained to.

What you do is train yourself to react to a situation properly, rather than making it easier for your assailant. That's proper martial arts, not ballet dancing.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Seedler's Avatar T__________________T
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripper View Post
    Kick Boxing

Muay Thai if you want really viscious
    Aight thx, will look into it. Problem is, can't find kick-boxing in my city.

Quote Originally Posted by SnnY View Post
    Don't bother about any kid-stuff, just sign up for this.

And tell us how it goes.
    I'd win the thing. The other guys will prolly laugh to death anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Agrajag View Post

Sounds good, it's like everything combined. And tae kwon do looks sweet as well, mainly because I'd prefer kicking over punching.
    Biostar XE T5
    i5-750 @ 4.0 GHZ stable (CM Hyper 212)
    2 x 2GB Cosair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHZ
    Radeon 5850 @ 866/1254MHZ
    Intel X25-M in RAID 0
    WD Caviar Black 2TB in RAID 0
    3 x Asus 25.5" VW266H LCD [Eyefinity]

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    Do you punch like a girl?

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

8. Lounge   -   #18
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilmiss View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Bo View Post
    If you're just after having a fight, why don't you go outside and be as you are on here?
    that's probably the reason he needs to learn martial arts.
    Twas what I was just thinking lil miss .

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Spider_dude's Avatar cawk BT Rep: +4
    i hpe he dies of teh aids.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Seedler View Post
    And tae kwon do looks sweet as well, mainly because I'd prefer kicking over punching.
    Looks flash, doesn't work as well as other fighting systems.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast