Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bush to be assassinated on Channel 4

Agrajag's Avatar Just Lame
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Agrajag View Post

What he said.

Other than the "mini-me" part, which was just silly.

I thought it apposite to the 15 minute culture.
    I disagree, I thought it was exactly the same.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Appzalien View Post
    I think anyone with half a brain, US citizen or some other culture, would think twice about assasinating a fool like Bush just to have a tyrant like Dick Cheney take over. Thats like "Out of the frying pan and into the fire". Replacing a moron with a wicked and cruel master manipulator would be unforgivable.
    That is so 2003.

Nobody even talks about that anymore.

Besides which, you are off-point.

My curiosity is piqued by not only the pseudo-alternate reality of the tack the producers have taken, but that they feel an actor with a resemblance (enhanced by the latest movie-makeup techniques), playing the part of Bush is somehow not enough to create the "necessary" impression-they must super-impose Bush's actual face on the actor.

Along these same lines, I wonder what would be the reaction to a movie about the Iranian hostage crises, wherein the leader of the terrorists is depicted as Mahmoud Ahmedinajad, and using the same technique (never mind that many of the hostages swear up-and-down that's who it really was)?

Let us further make a movie about Saddam's torture chambers, utilizing all the latest nifty techniques, and have Saddam, Uday, and Qusay joined by Osama bin Laden and Bashar al Assad in all the requisite juicy rape, torture, and murder scenes?

Hell we could even throw in Kim Jong Il, Vladimir Putin, and (for good measure) Jacques Chirac...

...or would that be too provocative?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Plenty of movies about JFK about. But then I just finished watching Dark Side of the Rainbow.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Agrajag's Avatar Just Lame
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    I think anyone with half a brain, US citizen or some other culture, would think twice about assasinating a fool like Bush just to have a tyrant like Dick Cheney take over. Thats like "Out of the frying pan and into the fire". Replacing a moron with a wicked and cruel master manipulator would be unforgivable.
    That is so 2003.

My curiosity is piqued by not only the pseudo-alternate reality of the tack the producers have taken, but that they feel an actor with a resemblance (enhanced by the latest movie-makeup techniques), playing the part of Bush is somehow not enough to create the "necessary" impression-they must super-impose Bush's actual face on the actor.
    You're an American, we don't expect you to get it.

Subtlety is not one of your people's more obvious attributes.

Sometimes one can be subtle with a sledgehammer.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15

That is so 2003.

You must be right; I don't have the slightest idea where in your quote is contained the subtlety to which you refer...could you enlighten this poor benighted Americano at all, at all.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Tempestv's Avatar Engineer

I'm mighty interested in why it was thought necessary to graft Dubya's face onto an actor, rather than tell a fictional story as fiction in all aspects...
    It hits closer to home that way. what makes me wonder is if revealing that the killer is from syira is really a good idea. cirtainly, right now, the biggest terrorist danger comes from the middle east, however, we should remember that pryor to 9-11, the most deadly terrorist act in the country (oklahoma city federal building bombing) was carried out by a white american citizen. also, there are a disturbing number of home grown terror cells in the united states- I hear a lot about them since they feature on the local news here in montana. http://www.rickross.com/reference/mi...militia58.html I don't know how to go about decideing on a villian in that respect though- having a middle eastern killer ignores that there are terrorists from the united states, while having a killer from the states is kinda like saying that we are ignoring the middle eastern threat. I don't know how you would look at both- follow two main suspects maybe- one American, another middle eastern?
    Plan for the worst, hope for the best

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent

You must be right; I don't have the slightest idea where in your quote is contained the subtlety to which you refer...could you enlighten this poor benighted Americano at all, at all.
    I didn't say, or even suggest, that there was any subtlety in the post to which you refer.

In kind, could you explain your use of ellipsis, it appears to me that a comma would have been the better option.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post

I didn't say, or even suggest, that there was any subtlety in the post to which you refer.

In kind, could you explain your use of ellipsis, it appears to me that a comma would have been the better option.
    Actually, I was torn.

I tried it with commas, and hyphens as well, before deciding it was a parenthetical addition.

In essence, I finally opted for the ellipses to evoke your exception once you read my post.

A magnificent success, I'd say.

-Mark Twain

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    That is so 2003.

Along these same lines, I wonder what would be the reaction to a movie about the Iranian hostage crises, wherein the leader of the terrorists is depicted as Mahmoud Ahmedinajad, and using the same technique (never mind that many of the hostages swear up-and-down that's who it really was)?

Let us further make a movie about Saddam's torture chambers, utilizing all the latest nifty techniques, and have Saddam, Uday, and Qusay joined by Osama bin Laden and Bashar al Assad in all the requisite juicy rape, torture, and murder scenes?

Hell we could even throw in Kim Jong Il, Vladimir Putin, and (for good measure) Jacques Chirac...

if there's archive footage in the show, it'd be kinda hard to keep track of the story if george bushes face changes completely every other shot.

remember this is a hypothetical thing, and will be presented as so. i reckon it would be ok to put any politicians in any situation as long as it's explained that it's hypothetical. except calling them gay, that's going too far

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins View Post

That is so 2003.

if there's archive footage in the show, it'd be kinda hard to keep track of the story if george bushes face changes completely every other shot.

remember this is a hypothetical thing, and will be presented as so. i reckon it would be ok to put any politicians in any situation as long as it's explained that it's hypothetical. except calling them gay, that's going too far
    Having read your post, I believe it would be best to wait until the program has aired to comment further.

-Mark Twain

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast