Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: anyone familiar with proxxon tools?

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. Lounge   -   #12
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    The company I worked for before had 1 set of those same exact tools except that the drill didn't work anymore (and they also had a milwaukee radio that charged batteries).
    They even offered to give me the drill to see if I could fix it but I didn't know what to do.

I still think the dewalt is more durable.

edit: Oh, that's a 28volt.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco View Post
    The company I worked for before had 1 set of those same exact tools except that the drill didn't work anymore (and they also had a milwaukee radio that charged batteries).
    They even offered to give me the drill to see if I could fix it but I didn't know what to do.

I still think the dewalt is more durable.

edit: Oh, that's a 28volt.
    I don't think anyone else is making lithium-ion batts for tools, yet either.

Why didn't they get the drill warranteed?

The V28s haven't been out long enough to be out of warranty yet, I don't think...
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. Lounge   -   #14
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    The drill could have been about 5 years old or more...
    Anyway the drill was just 1 of the tools in that set that broke so the rest were fine and they got their use out of it, plus they had plenty of other tools to use.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    The drill could have been about 5 years old or more...
    Anyway the drill was just 1 of the tools in that set that broke so the rest were fine and they got their use out of it, plus they had plenty of other tools to use.
    Oh, I thought you were referring to a V28...

I have no problem with DeWalt, I have a couple of their drills, as well as two DeWalt radial-arm saws, which are the standard of that genre.

I have a variety of brands, tool-wise; have to grab what you can, when you can, unless you're bucks-up.

-Mark Twain

6. Lounge   -   #16
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    My dad says he doesn't like dewalt because they used to be Black and Decker, is that true?
    Our drill is a makita, works fine but I'd like a cordless one (will probably get a dewalt cordless one some day).

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Tempestv's Avatar Engineer
    black and decker owns dewalt. doesn't mean that dewalt is any lower quality, but it does mean that some of B&D's stuff is based off of dewalt stuff, so if you do your homework, sometimes you can find B&D tools that are basicly rebranded dewalt tools but at B&D prices. the only example that I know that this is true for is one of B&D's cordless drills, not sure exactly which one, gonna have to find that artical in tools of the trade

Dewalt is in my opinion the best company out there- maybe not the best in every catigory, but pretty good everywhere, with many tools that are the best by far. both my dad's and my trucks have a lot of yellow tools in them.

and if you think milwaukee 28 volt is cool, dewalt has a 36 volt lithium-ion line out. the batterys are the same weight as the dewalt 18volt.
    as for Lithium Ion, Makita and bosch have 18 volt lines out, bosch has a 10.8 volt cordless screwdriver, rigid makes a 24 volt line, as well as the aformentioned milwaukee 28 volt and dewalt 36 volt lines.

I am looking to get a cordless 18volt impact driver and drill soon- probably dewalt, Makita lithium-ion, or panasonic with the 3.5 amp hour batterys.
    Plan for the worst, hope for the best

8. Lounge   -   #18
    My dad says he doesn't like dewalt because they used to be Black and Decker, is that true?
    Our drill is a makita, works fine but I'd like a cordless one (will probably get a dewalt cordless one some day).
    Dewalt was the original manufacturer of the radial arm saw, and back in the eighties B & D purchased Dewalt, making a few B & D/Dewalt saws before ceasing production.

In the 90s, B & D resurrected the name to trade on quality in represented, and here we are.

-Mark Twain

9. Lounge   -   #19
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempestv View Post
    both my dad's and my trucks have a lot of yellow tools in them.
    What do you two do?

Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Dewalt was the original manufacturer of the radial arm saw, and back in the eighties B & D purchased Dewalt, making a few B & D/Dewalt saws before ceasing production.

In the 90s, B & D resurrected the name to trade on quality in represented, and here we are.
    Thanks for the info.

Was dewalt always yellow or just since the 90s?

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Tempestv's Avatar Engineer
    What do you two do?
    construction- primarly remodels although I worked framing this summer
    Plan for the worst, hope for the best

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast