Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: what is so good about oink?

Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post

Big deal. TorrentSpy has over 401,000 torrents and 10 times the categories.

Demonoid has 68,000 and more categories as well.
    LoL

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    You cant even try and compare oink to torrentspy ect.. While they have a while lot of torrents listed on their sites... All they do is hyperlink to other trackers also 1/2 of their links are dead or have no seeders. Oinks is what you see is what you get. Meaning if its there seeding you know youll get the file at the best bitrate. Plus they have so much more variety of new and old stuff that you wont find anywhere else on the net.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    As someone who is relatively new member of Oink (just over a month now) I can say its WAY WAY better than any public tracker. If you havent had the priviledge of using it you wouldnt understand why its so much better.

Id never used a private tracker before but Im currently looking now.

whoever edited my post - I wasnt soliciting invites, lighten up. I, like other however, dont understand the "1month, 5 post policy" for the invite board. If we have invites, why cant we trade?
    Last edited by superman1496; 09-04-2006 at 03:43 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Necrophag's Avatar Hell no
    Oink is good but my ratio has gone down the toilet when ever some one uploads a album i download yet no one else downloads it so can't seed..
    " When you enter a room full of armed men
    shoot the first person who makes a move, hostile or otherwise.
    He has started to think and is therefore dangerous..."

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    n00b BT Rep: +1
    cool. what i am looking for is a really good electronic music tracker. i guess oink would have that but it kinda tries to cover all the bases. i'm really looking for somewhere that just focuses on electronic (techno, drumnbass, electro, minimal, prog, house, breaks, idm etc...) i am on themixingbowl and a drumnbass one too but if there are any other decent private sites worth hunting an invite to, post here!

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    erax's Avatar & No God But Allah & BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    i think and believe too that OiNk is NO1 for loseless and rare music

why !! cuz members have to upload thier music to make good ratio and that's

the only way to make your ratio

it's so so difficult to make ratio there !!i had been kicked twice ,lol

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    FreeDoom's Avatar Obsessed By Cruelty
    It's a fast site with lot's of music for all the tastes lol
    To work up my ratio i had to choose carefully the files to download...that's a point you have to pay attention.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Melvinmeow View Post
    You cant even try and compare oink to torrentspy ect.. While they have a while lot of torrents listed on their sites... All they do is hyperlink to other trackers also 1/2 of their links are dead or have no seeders. Oinks is what you see is what you get. Meaning if its there seeding you know youll get the file at the best bitrate. Plus they have so much more variety of new and old stuff that you wont find anywhere else on the net.
    I'll agree that Oink is better than your standard public track site, but I would NOT use it as a blanket example.

There are plenty of sites in which I attain MUCH faster downloads. In fact, they are sooo much faster that I don't even think I've used Oink in at least 6-8 months. For my uses, it's almost obsolete.

yo

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post

There are plenty of sites in which I attain MUCH faster downloads. In fact, they are sooo much faster that I don't even think I've used Oink in at least 6-8 months. For my uses, it's almost obsolete.
    what sites and what kind so speeds do you get?

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    n00b BT Rep: +1
    so is oink any good for electronic music then?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast