Thread: Mirc

I know this is a klite board... but help a brother out.

If I have downloaded mIRC and have connected... how do i look for files to download?

What are good channels? and how are the movies listed?

Thanks for any help.

I have read the mIRC FAQ but that is geared toward chatting.. which i have no interest in.
    I just want to find files to download.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    tilen76's Avatar Poster
    Take a look here:
    www.ircspy.com

It's a search engine, which will also let you know on which server/channel you can get movies.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by healimonster@6 May 2003 - 13:33
    I have read the mIRC FAQ but that is geared toward chatting.. which i have no interest in.
    I just want to find files to download.
    You have to learn to walk, before you can crawl. XDCC bots require no real knowledge of IRC, but filesharing over Fserves, that requires a basic knowledge of simple DOS commands, or IRC commands at the very least. Try the Mirc website.
    Proud member of MDS

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Thanks to the IRCspy site I was able to download the movie I was looking for after a little trial and error.

A couple quick questions. I kept on getting some DCC error about accepting the file. After toggling most options I was able to allow the download. But then it seemed to turn off this allowance after a little while. After some more toggling it seemed to work properly and download the entire file (in about an hour... which I had been trying to DL off of kazaa for over a week).

What is the proper DCC file to accept downloads but not make yourself vulnerable to unwanted downloads?

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by healimonster@7 May 2003 - 17:07
    Thanks to the IRCspy site I was able to download the movie I was looking for after a little trial and error.

A couple quick questions. I kept on getting some DCC error about accepting the file. After toggling most options I was able to allow the download. But then it seemed to turn off this allowance after a little while. After some more toggling it seemed to work properly and download the entire file (in about an hour... which I had been trying to DL off of kazaa for over a week).

What is the proper DCC file to accept downloads but not make yourself vulnerable to unwanted downloads?
    Click me