Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hilarious

Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by CrabGirl View Post
    I get complaints like "That case of wine I drank last night gave me a headache. It must have been faulty. I want my money back."

And we'll refund them too!
    Speaking of which, can you phone me at work.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    evil corporate puppet

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Or...you could try and not exploit the fact that some people have lapses in their common sense.

There's no point to credit cards beyond the fact that they let you spend money that isn't your own. And then you, as you say, pay the price. So really, if common sense reigned supreme, there wouldn't be much of a business for those sorts of companies to begin with. I reckon that they ARE counting on the fact that some people don't always think things through.

And you know, by calling her an idiot just 'cos she doesn't get something, when she's wondering why it looks as if she has money she doesn't have (and I DO think that has to do with the wording of whatever she's looked at), well that's not altogether nice.

And she wasn't spending any of that money either, she was wondering why your company told her she had it.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    based on my credit history, I've qualified for numerous platinum credit cards, even when I was 15

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

5. Lounge   -   #25
    lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by Skweeky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DorisInsinuate View Post
    I don't understand why it's funny
    Because she has a credit card but she doesn't understand what credit is
    You still haven't explained where the £8000 came from.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    LMAO

The £8000 is just credit.

And SnnY,

you can sit there and blame all the big corporations for whatever is wrong with the world, but that, in my opinion is indeed naive and childish.

Everyone is resposible for their own actions. This woman applied for a credit card by phone. Meaning that she would have to speak to one of the advisors for at least 15 minutes, who, in their turn, have to make her aware of all the interest rates that can possibly apply on her card along with numerous legal disclaimers.

She gets a letter a week later stating what type of card she has been approved for, again explaining quite clearly what costs or charges apply for it. She then has to sign that and return it to us.

After doing that she receives her card which she CANNOT use until she activates the thing, hence talking to another advisor who will AGAIN advise her of the interest rates on her account and advise her of the date she will have to pay the balance in order to avoid paying interest.

So

All in all this woman has had at least 3 occasions to either read the whole thing or ask questions about it when she was on the phone.

If, after explaining 3 times what exactly she is getting herself into, she only then wonders where the money comes from, then yes, in my opinion she is a bit of a simpleton.

Besides, to get an £8K inital credit limit is pretty rare, I don't think she was exactly a poor person.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    I tried to cancel my credit card once, and asked them to refund me the remaining balance of my credit limit, but they wouldn't do it.

Bastard thieving scuzzy whores

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    I tried to cancel my credit card once, and asked them to refund me the remaining balance of my credit limit, but they wouldn't do it.

Bastard thieving scuzzy whores
    Why not?

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    I dunno

It seemed like a reasonable request to me. I guess it just goes to show you can't trust credit card companies, they're the spawn of Satan

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    I play the credit game on occasion.

They'll offer 0% for a year (or more) and I'll take them up on it and pay the shit off by the time 0% wears off....or transfer the balance to another card.

Many times stores will give 0%. I bought my car (stayed 0), washer and dryer (0% for a year), big screen TV (0% for 2 years), and lawn tractor (0% for 1 year). All except the TV are paid off, otherwise if I leave 1 cent on the bill I'll get billed the entire compounded interest. I gotta pay $2200 by January or get billed over $1100 in interest.
    Last edited by Busyman; 09-07-2006 at 05:15 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast