Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hilarious

Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Skweeky View Post
    LMAO

The £8000 is just credit.

And SnnY,

you can sit there and blame all the big corporations for whatever is wrong with the world, but that, in my opinion is indeed naive and childish.

Everyone is resposible for their own actions. This woman applied for a credit card by phone. Meaning that she would have to speak to one of the advisors for at least 15 minutes, who, in their turn, have to make her aware of all the interest rates that can possibly apply on her card along with numerous legal disclaimers.

She gets a letter a week later stating what type of card she has been approved for, again explaining quite clearly what costs or charges apply for it. She then has to sign that and return it to us.

After doing that she receives her card which she CANNOT use until she activates the thing, hence talking to another advisor who will AGAIN advise her of the interest rates on her account and advise her of the date she will have to pay the balance in order to avoid paying interest.

So

All in all this woman has had at least 3 occasions to either read the whole thing or ask questions about it when she was on the phone.

If, after explaining 3 times what exactly she is getting herself into, she only then wonders where the money comes from, then yes, in my opinion she is a bit of a simpleton.

Besides, to get an £8K inital credit limit is pretty rare, I don't think she was exactly a poor person.
    Sorry, but whatever she is, your company is ultimately exploiting her. And for that matter, companies like yours thrive on misdirection, so I'm still betting it seemed like it was actual money she had. And since she didn't get it, she asked about it, which was waaay better than spending the money, and then asking about it. And you are laughing at her, calling her an idiot, and now a simpleton.

Responsible for her own actions or not, your company is still counting on her lapse of judgement (and applying for a credit card is a lapse of judgement all on its own).

I'm not blaming all big corporations for what's wrong in the world now, or ever, in this case I'm talking about the ones who exploit naivetee, or idiocy, to put it your way, to make money.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SnnY View Post
    Responsible for her own actions or not, your company is still counting on her lapse of judgement (and applying for a credit card is a lapse of judgement all on its own).
    What's wrong with credit cards?
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman View Post
    I suppose, that if someone is savvy enough to use them for the elite-haxness you are, there's nothing wrong about them

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    If you apply for a CREDIT card, and we tell you on 3 occasions that you'll have to pay INTEREST on what you spend from that CREDIT. Then how can that possibly be exploiting?

I don't have credit cards because I'm a nightmare with money.

This company merely offers a service. She doesn't have to spend the money, she doesn't pay anything for having the card, she'll get money back when she spends anything, even if she doesn't pay interest on it at all.

My statement stands. How can it be a lapse of judgement on her part after being explained what it is 3 times?
    You don't seem to understand that we are not allowed to word any of our disclaimers or letter dubiously. They get checked on a very regular basis by FSA. banking code and every now and then the DPA as well.

She applied for something without knowing what is was, hence she qualifies for a stupidity award.

5. Lounge   -   #35
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman View Post
    I suppose, that if someone is savvy enough to use them for the elite-haxness you are, there's nothing wrong about them
    Well my thought was that credit cards are not bad but the fault lies in one's own irresponsibility.

I don't pay cash for anything unless I physically have to. I pay my charges during the grace period. It builds credit loike.

Usually those that don't want credit cards know that they'll fuck up.
    Last edited by Busyman; 09-07-2006 at 05:53 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Lounge   -   #36
    If you apply for a CREDIT card, and we tell you on 3 occasions that you'll have to pay INTEREST on what you spend from that CREDIT. Then how can that possibly be exploiting?

I don't have credit cards because I'm a nightmare with money.

This company merely offers a service. She doesn't have to spend the money, she doesn't pay anything for having the card, she'll get money back when she spends anything, even if she doesn't pay interest on it at all.

My statement stands. How can it be a lapse of judgement on her part after being explained what it is 3 times?
    You don't seem to understand that we are not allowed to word any of our disclaimers or letter dubiously. They get checked on a very regular basis by FSA. banking code and every now and then the DPA as well.

She applied for something without knowing what is was, hence she qualifies for a stupidity award.
    It seems to me she didn't make a connection between the money your company said she had left to spend, and her credit.

She might have thunk you'd screwed up and put her down for a huge deposit, or something equally odd.

I hardly think you can be sure of exactly where she was coming from, and automatically label her an idiot. And even she truly hadn't understood that, it's the job of your advisors to make sure she did, and since she was approved, your advisors/approval-people can't have been doing their job. Or, you know, they are counting on people like her to slip through the cracks.

Hell, even the fact that she actually dared to ask says something that simple means that she risked embarassment, just to make sure she wasn't doing something wrong, or that you were.

Oh, what an idiot.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    She STILL applied for something without knowing what it was.
    Why would you do that?
    We don't do tv campaigns, we don't walk around in shopping centres or whatever to try and sign people up, in fact, the only times we've been in the press in the last few months is because we're one of the fairest companies around.

She asked a question that was completely irrelevant at the stage she was at. She applied for something, signed the paperwork and only THEN asked where the money came from.
    I think even the village idiot these days knows not to sign anything unless you know what it says. So yes, we all had a good laugh about it at work.

We've all laughed at the jokes about people who use their disc drives as cup holders etc...
    What's the difference?
    She didn't know the bleedin' obvious.

8. Lounge   -   #38
    She STILL applied for something without knowing what it was.
    Why would you do that?
    We don't do tv campaigns, we don't walk around in shopping centres or whatever to try and sign people up, in fact, the only times we've been in the press in the last few months is because we're one of the fairest companies around.

She asked a question that was completely irrelevant at the stage she was at. She applied for something, signed the paperwork and only THEN asked where the money came from.
    I think even the village idiot these days knows not to sign anything unless you know what it says. So yes, we all had a good laugh about it at work.

We've all laughed at the jokes about people who use their disc drives as cup holders etc...
    What's the difference?
    She didn't know the bleedin' obvious.
    How do you know she didn't know what she was applying to? As I'm saying, she may just as well not have made the connection between "money you can spend" and credit, which after all is money you borrow.

And again, as I'm saying, she might think there's a cock-up with her deposit, or somesuch.

The old cup-holder joke always seemed like an urban legend to me, and even if if it wasn't, it probably wouldn't end up with someone being broke.

TBH, if I worked for a credit card-company, and I ran into someone that REALLY didn't seemed to have an inkling on what a credit card is, and who'd already signed up for it, I'd be very worried about what kind of people would let her sign at all.

There's no evidence she didn't know what she signed up for tho', she might just be wondering about where all that shiny money she thinks your company is holding for her comes from.

9. Lounge   -   #39
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Skweeky, how on earth do you think people fall for the king of nigeria email scams? Don't think getting a letter from a credit card company saying fill in this and you can have £8k is pretty similar?

10. Lounge   -   #40
    Agrajag's Avatar Just Lame
    I've got a credit card. It's nice to know that you always have a brazillion pounds in your wallet should you need it.

I've actually go a couple of credit cards.

Credit cards are fine, unless they are in the possession of an idiot.

So I probly shouldn't have one.

But I can't decide which one I shouldn't have.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast