Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Hilarious

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DanB View Post
    Skweeky, how on earth do you think people fall for the king of nigeria email scams? Don't think getting a letter from a credit card company saying fill in this and you can have £8k is pretty similar?
    People that fall for that are idiots too.

I have to agree with Skweeky. Unless this 20 year-old didn't fill out a credit card offer and/or never heard of a credit card, she's a dumbass.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. Lounge   -   #42
    Agrajag's Avatar Just Lame
    A 20 year old getting an 8 kiloquid limit at the start is really rather weird.

Are you sure it wasn't daddy's card and she was another user.

3. Lounge   -   #43
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Naw, she was 20-something, I remember because she forgot her password so I had to ask her complete date of birth and her occupation.

And she didn't fill in anything. She made an application over the phone which mean that she first had to chose between about 6 different cards and thus us having to tell her the benefits of all of the things.

The fact that she had an initial 8K limit means that she HAS to have some sort of credit history, and a pretty good one too. We're pretty strict on that, in fact, we get a lot of people complaining their initial limit isn't high enough.

I feel sorry for people who naively apply for credit cards, spend the money and run up loads of debt they can't pay off.
    I don't feel sorry for people who apply for something and don't understand what they are applying for. It's a stupid thing to do.

4. Lounge   -   #44
    Agrajag's Avatar Just Lame
    Quote Originally Posted by Skweeky View Post
    Naw, she was 20-something, I remember because she forgot her password so I had to ask her complete date of birth and her occupation.

And she didn't fill in anything. She made an application over the phone which mean that she first had to chose between about 6 different cards and thus us having to tell her the benefits of all of the things.

The fact that she had an initial 8K limit means that she HAS to have some sort of credit history, and a pretty good one too. We're pretty strict on that, in fact, we get a lot of people complaining their initial limit isn't high enough.

I feel sorry for people who naively apply for credit cards, spend the money and run up loads of debt they can't pay off.
    I don't feel sorry for people who apply for something and don't understand what they are applying for. It's a stupid thing to do.

I agree with you. She's an idiot.

5. Lounge   -   #45
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skweeky View Post

Yeah I always tell folks to (unless they are to the game) ignore the 0% introductory offer.
    Go straight to what the % rate will be afterwards.
    Look at the method for computing purchases (2-cycle billing sucks ass). Check the grace period.
    Note any perks after all-o-dat.

When people get credit cards they should have a plan and not treat it as money but as means to a goal (besides just buying shit willy-nilly).

We have trip ups like:

0% for one year or
    transfer balance and get 5.9% for the life of balance or
    card has a 8.9 fixed rate but

be late on one payment and we bend you over for 27%

Note for anyone not to be late....set-up automatic payment either through your bank or the merchant.

6. Lounge   -   #46
    Dark Steno's Avatar lol fang tan
    Quote Originally Posted by DanB View Post
    Skweeky, how on earth do you think people fall for the king of nigeria email scams? Don't think getting a letter from a credit card company saying fill in this and you can have £8k is pretty similar?
    Someone in Malaysia trying to do the samething.
    Yours Sincerely,

Dark Steno @ Maskawaih

| manker FTW too! Awesome and superior being ^_^! |

| Maskawaih.com |My DeviantArt|

7. Lounge   -   #47
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    My credit cards are pretty much only for emergencies. Of course, right now they're pretty much maxed out.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

8. Lounge   -   #48
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    I always pay them off every month. I only use them for convenience, really.

I'm like, a model citizen

9. Lounge   -   #49
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    And always remember your lowest interest rate balance gets paid off first. Don't take money out of the walls either and avoid using the things abroad.

As I said, I'm an absolute nightmare with money so I don't have any credit cards, I don't want them either because I KNOW I'll get myself in trouble. For the same reason I don't have any contracts or finance. Everything I own is mine and it will stay that way until I am certain I am old and wise enough to pay back whatever I owe at the end of the month.

Common sense, n'est-ce pas?

10. Lounge   -   #50
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Most people don't have common sense. Point in fact, it shouldn't even be called common sense.
    Last edited by Busyman; 09-08-2006 at 01:39 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345