Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: account disabled, mysteriously

tetrakis's Avatar Nucleophile BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    okay, i offered one of my accounts up for a trade in this forum. Then, through PMs only, I traded it away to someone. Obviously, once that guy had control of the account, he changed the password and e-mail address. Once he d/led something, the account was disabled. I doubt it was a coincidence. Since the username was different than here, the way I see it there are only two possibilities. Either the act of switching passwords, e-mail addresses, and d/ling from a new ip address looks suspicious enough to assume that the account was traded......or they somehow got my ip address from this forum and matched it up with my account. It isn't possible to source these pages and get ip addresses is it?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Xsensei's Avatar ::DreAmer:: BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    There are not two, but 3-4 possibilities...maybe, just maybe, your partner was cheating or tryin to cheat...or using banned client like azureus or bitcomet...
    P.S. I don't think they got you IP from here...
    http://www.ftwr.in/pic/smilies/pent2.gif

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    It just sucks when some accounts just misteriously get disabled. Members never get to show their dedication.....or prove that they can have good ratios.Also good sharers are not taken into account even though they did not cheat. Also it could be something to do with the fact that they blacklisted certain IP's and his was one?
    Last edited by gamer4eva; 09-07-2006 at 11:29 PM.
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Whatever the reason, IP leak from FST is not it.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    tetrakis's Avatar Nucleophile BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    no idea about his ip being part of a banned range. It's definitely not the client, i was using azureus, he uses utorrent. Don't think he was cheating it.....kind of the point of getting an already established account is so you don't have to screw around with getting a good ratio. I doubt ip leak from FST as well, but it makes you wonder how things like this happens.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    They saw you offer the trade then noticed your account was suddenly under a new ip and new client and they dont allow trading invites,but you still wonder why it got disabled?

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    BTMach's Avatar BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by deuce6000 View Post
    They saw you offer the trade...
    No, he already stated:
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrakis
    Since the username was different than here...
    He uses a different username on his tracker than here, so even if they saw tetrakis offer his account, that means nothing because there is no tetrakis registered at that tracker.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    j0hn's Avatar leet poster BT Rep: +1
    the ppl who run these trackers aren't idiots
    u offered an account to a private tracker, on a public forum.
    the site makes great efforts at remaining secret, and u openly offer an account on a public forum. what did u expect?

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    I really don't get it....what's wrong with offering invites/trading accounts on public forums as long as the person who joins the tracker maintains a good ratio and doesn't cheat. This is bound to happen if u give members the ability to invite. If they're so paranoid, they should just allow mods to inv ppl.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    LackOfInterest's Avatar O_o BT Rep: +2
    I dont think the change in ip address or client should have much to do with it since most sites allow you to seed/leech from up to 3 different ips. I would have your pal ask in their irc or something (of course avoiding mentioning that he traded for the account) The other thing that i think it would really have been disabled for would be cheating :/
    Last edited by LackOfInterest; 09-06-2006 at 09:47 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast