Thread: Protowall and the blocklist manager

Question Mark

What is with there web site, I have not been able to connect for days now. Has anyone heard if the site is down for good?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Yeah bluetack has been down for a few days i am not able to update peer guardian either which sucks.Hope they get it up soon lmao.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    lysine's Avatar 49311 BT Rep: +1
    Hi everyone. Well the forum is back , thanks to our hardworking admins..

The site's situation is that we are currently under a DDoS attack.

We will naturally continue to fight it , and we are putting together a report from all the logs on the IP's/users involved for the authorities. There will also be a nice new server-flooder blocklist available for download out of this attack.

We also took this time out over the past week to do a few upgrades and maintennance on the server itself , so there may be some errors around the site. If you find you have some problems on the forum , please let us know in the Site Related Issues & Suggestions forum section.

If the list updates are not working for you , please don't hammer the server unneccesarily , just try again later.

We also hope to have a new alternate server set up in the next week or so for hosting the lists , more information on that when it's up and running.

Thanks for your continued support and understanding - B.I.S.S. Admin team.
    http://www.bluetack.co.uk/forums/index.php

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Glad to hear it back up.......

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    FreeDoom's Avatar Obsessed By Cruelty
    I can't do the updates
    Gonna try tomorrow...

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    hey I tried to use this awhile back. Doesn't it use a lot of system resources or is there a way to hack it so it is not so intensive.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    I tried protowall myself. I found it slowed down my computer a fair amount. I ended up using it selectively rather than running it 24/7