Thread: bit torrent experimental

Poster BT Rep: +1
    ok people i am having some problems with this program i have managed to start downloading torrents but at no more than 10kb/s and it is rare to get that high for very long also i only ever get a yellow light never green i have my upload rate at 50 kb/s and maximum uploads 10 i am running win xp pro have an adsl broadband internet connection max speed for normal downloading is around 51kb/s j havent messed with any of the screens that you can bring up from the downloading screen only thing i changed was the connection changed that to dsl/cable fast i have bit torrent ticked in my firewall exceptions as for opening ports i have tried that with azereus and opened the same port number on both udp and tcp i think thats what they are called but when i tried to put in say 51000-61000 it wont allow the dash i hope someone can help out with these problems and just remember when i left school computers still needed a whole room to operate aahhh the good old days

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    j0hn's Avatar leet poster BT Rep: +1
    u should have posted this in the bittorrent section.
    i fail to see how this is "related to the boards".
    make a thread there and the helpers in the bittorrent section will be able to help u. or request this thread to be moved.

edit: guess it got moved

try these settings in the red boxes: (these settings are good for adsl connections, not cable/llu/other types of connections)

and download and run this patch. set it to 50, not 10 as it suggests.
    also, let us know which isp u use, as it may be that they are throttling ur bittorrent traffix
    Last edited by j0hn; 09-10-2006 at 07:06 PM. Reason: update

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    pECi's Avatar ZOMG!! Torrent PLSSS BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    u should write in logical sentences not one phrase without end if u want people to understand what you're trying to say
    http://metal.iplay.ro/pic/rmtlogosig.gif

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Quote Originally Posted by aussienaterror View Post
    ok people i am having some problems with this program i have managed to start downloading torrents but at no more than 10kb/s and it is rare to get that high for very long also i only ever get a yellow light never green i have my upload rate at 50 kb/s and maximum uploads 10 i am running win xp pro have an adsl broadband internet connection max speed for normal downloading is around 51kb/s j havent messed with any of the screens that you can bring up from the downloading screen only thing i changed was the connection changed that to dsl/cable fast i have bit torrent ticked in my firewall exceptions as for opening ports i have tried that with azereus and opened the same port number on both udp and tcp i think thats what they are called but when i tried to put in say 51000-61000 it wont allow the dash i hope someone can help out with these problems and just remember when i left school computers still needed a whole room to operate aahhh the good old days
    PEPSI!
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2
    Use a newer client like Utorrent since it would use less resources and as for always getting the yellow circle when leeching and seeding you nee to get your ports forwarded on the Cable\DSL modem\router also.

For some help on port forwarding your router you can go check out http://www.portforward.com/routers.htm and look for your model #.

Utorrent link-> http://www.utorrent.com/