Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paid services to bypass proxy server

hasnainbk's Avatar Member BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Hello
    My university doesnt allow bittorrent traffc.so I bought a your-freedom.net premium account but this service sucks.It doesnt give good speed.on direct downloads I can get 100+ KB/Sec but by using your-freedom,I cant even cross 20 KB/Sec.If you guys know abt any other Good,paid service to bypass university proxy server,plz tell me.I will be thankful.
    Thanx

2. BitTorrent   -   #2

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    hasnainbk's Avatar Member BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    you are right but i am used to torrents.I love using torrents.come on Guys there must be some other way.Help me plzzzzz

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    j0hn's Avatar leet poster BT Rep: +1
    in what way does ur university block bittorrent?
    have they disabled the downloading of .torrent files?
    are they throttling torrent traffic?

some isps are using network management tools that catches utorrents encryption. i highly doubt universities would be pay the huge amounts of money to the firms who provide these network management tools.

try using utorrent or azureus, and enabling the protocol encryption.
    theres more info about it in the sticky at the top of this section.
    Sticky: All Users: Please Enable Encryption!

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    pandapop's Avatar +OK 3fds/fog43/dfs5l BT Rep: +1
    its most likely that the university will have their ports blocked, so you're going to have trouble connecting to other peers.

you're best off paying for newsgroup access

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    I would try a differant port, try enabling the encryption as someone else mentioned. If that doesnt work try newsgroups or try getting on a private ftp site or something. Schools dont normally block ftp or newsgroups. FTP they only normally block on outgoing ports they dont block incoming.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Yup my uni. is blocking all the ports and there are trafficshapers as well.A file size limit of 86 MB MAX is forced.I tried utorrent and Azureus with encryption but no use.I tried premium your-freedom but it doesnt give good speeds.Thats why i asked if there is anyother srevice to bypass proxy server better than your-freedom.I dont think so that newsgroups are allowed.but I can access FTP.Do you guys know abt any private ftp for Tv Shows and Movies?

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    n00b
    I don't think the problem is your-freedom, rather the fact that peers can't connect to you through the proxy. If that's so, it explains the slow speed.

My advice is to transfer.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Try the free trial and find out how it works...
    http://www.giganews.com/?a=fst

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    sun_star's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    I know other services.. had the same problem when i was in uni... there is an app called hopster another option is HTTP-Tunnel. Both services has free accounts (with dial up speeds) and paid services with normal speeds. you could try them out.

Another option is usenet.. if its not blocked (my uni blocked it) its quite easy with NZB files. you'll pick it up pretty fast.

And yet another option is rapidshare... you can get a premium account and download very fast.. it takes more time for 0day to get there but its ok. you could find the links in forums and its really nice... during uni i had a premium account and i could download at 2MB/sec (downloaded movies in ~10 min).

Hope i gave you enought options

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast