Thread: Badminton Racquet?

Seedler's Avatar T__________________T
    I'm playing at a higher level now,so I'll be needing a decent racquet soon, my $20 dollar sport chek racquet just won't do anymore.

I'm a complete noob when it comes to badminton racquets, so any recommandations are welcome. Price range is around $50 CDN, but I will pay more if it looks like I need it.

I'm 5"7, 135lbs, I'm really quick on the court and drop a lot, so I'll need flexibility and speed more than power on a racquet.

Thx in advance.
    Biostar XE T5
    i5-750 @ 4.0 GHZ stable (CM Hyper 212)
    2 x 2GB Cosair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHZ
    Radeon 5850 @ 866/1254MHZ
    Intel X25-M in RAID 0
    WD Caviar Black 2TB in RAID 0
    3 x Asus 25.5" VW266H LCD [Eyefinity]

2. Sports Club   -   #2
    JordoR's Avatar Madden Champ!
    All I would recommend, is a very lightweight racquet. This way you can use your speed and flexibility more to your advantage, because you dont have a heavy racquet weighing you down. It's also a plus to have a tightly strung racquet so it will have more power with less effort. I personally have only really been able to tell the difference in weight between different racquets. Carlton is a pretty good brand when it comes to racquets. You should be able to get a really nice one for your price range of $50 Canadian.
    Peter: Excuse me, is your refrigerator running?
    Because if it is, it probably runs like you - very homosexually.

3. Sports Club   -   #3
    suprafreak6's Avatar Suprafreak6 is Back!
    canadians nowadays......we dont have badminton in our highschool for guys, we only have it for the chicks

4. Sports Club   -   #4
    Seedler's Avatar T__________________T
    Quote Originally Posted by JordoR View Post
    All I would recommend, is a very lightweight racquet. This way you can use your speed and flexibility more to your advantage, because you dont have a heavy racquet weighing you down. It's also a plus to have a tightly strung racquet so it will have more power with less effort. I personally have only really been able to tell the difference in weight between different racquets. Carlton is a pretty good brand when it comes to racquets. You should be able to get a really nice one for your price range of $50 Canadian.
    Thx for the reply, but I just heard that I should get a loosely strung racket in order to take advantage of my agility because a lower tensioned string helps light hitters with a better timed trampoline effect? Wtf does that mean?
    Biostar XE T5
    i5-750 @ 4.0 GHZ stable (CM Hyper 212)
    2 x 2GB Cosair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHZ
    Radeon 5850 @ 866/1254MHZ
    Intel X25-M in RAID 0
    WD Caviar Black 2TB in RAID 0
    3 x Asus 25.5" VW266H LCD [Eyefinity]

5. Sports Club   -   #5
    backlash's Avatar usenet lover
    That's so cool that you play badminton. I played in HS...I was 1st singles. There was never a guy's team, though. I wish I could play again, but I do prefer to play indoors with lines and rules and regulation net height, too.

I have a Yonex racket. You want tight strings. The loose, bouncy strings are usually on cheap backyard style rackets made for dinky shuttlecocks.

/me laughs at the name shuttlecock

6. Sports Club   -   #6
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by Seedler View Post

Thx for the reply, but I just heard that I should get a loosely strung racket in order to take advantage of my agility because a lower tensioned string helps light hitters with a better timed trampoline effect? Wtf does that mean?