Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New York woman hits loterry......again.

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I can't help but thinking.............that bitch.

NEW YORK - A woman who won $1 million from a state lottery game four years ago has improbably hit the jackpot again.

Valerie Wilson, who works at a Long Island deli, said she won another $1 million on a lottery scratch-off game last month.

“The first time I couldn’t believe it,” Wilson told Newsday. “This time I said, ’God’s on my side.”’

Wilson, 56, beat some long odds to pull off her double victory.

In 2002, her winning ticket in the Cool Million scratch-off game, which has since been discontinued, was a shot of 1 in 5.2 million, according to the New York State Lottery. Last month, she beat odds of 1 in 705,600 when she got the $1 million prize in the New York lottery’s Jubilee scratch-off game.

A lottery spokeswoman verified Wilson was a Cool Million winner in 2002, but declined to confirm her latest win until a planned news conference.

yo

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    I saw an interview with her on TV. She said that she has to work at a diner because there's nothing left from her first winnings.

Some people are addicted to gambling.

How much of her winnings do you think are spent on more tickets?

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234 View Post

How much of her winnings do you think are spent on more tickets?
    I thought about this too. Surely not a million.

She also stated that she bought each of her 3 children homes with the first winnings. This million is just for her.

yo

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Maybe so but to spend it all and have nothing left after 4 years is quite dumb.

Some people just don't seem to understand the concept of investing or compound interest.

How long do you think this million will last?

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234 View Post
    Maybe so but to spend it all and have nothing left after 4 years is quite dumb.

Some people just don't seem to understand the concept of investing or compound interest.

How long do you think this million will last?
    Couldn't agree more. I'm not sure about the options in NY, but here in Texas, lotto player have the choice of a 20 or 30 year payout, or the cash option. The cash option is like 15-20% less total winnings I think, but obviously the money that can be made from investing such a large sum at once is far greater in the long run.

I didn't post the entire article, just the important part, but she did state that this time she was going to have some fun. Perhaps these winnings will go even faster.

yo

6. Lounge   -   #6
    j0hn's Avatar leet poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    here in Texas, lotto player have the choice of a 20 or 30 year payout, or the cash option. The cash option is like 15-20% less total winnings I think, but obviously the money that can be made from investing such a large sum at once is far greater in the long run.
    boring!
    why win the lottery and then not get ur hands on all that money?
    i mean sure, invest some of it.
    but the majority would go straight into my instant-access-take-as-much-as-want-24-7-high-interest bank account.
    screw committed investments.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    I'd probably just buy a small country with the winnings. Like Canaidia.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    limesqueezer's Avatar kwasheni rejtash
    I live in small country also and i know how you can win here lotto or at million show. You have to be part of it, since lotto isn't live here, but they claiming it is. If you want to be a millionar at our millionar show you have great chance of winning if you work in politics, since than you can ask yourself questions.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by limesqueezer View Post
    I live in small country also and i know how you can win here lotto or at million show. You have to be part of it, since lotto isn't live here, but they claiming it is. If you want to be a millionar at our millionar show you have great chance of winning if you work in politics, since than you can ask yourself questions.
    Yogi Berra is sooo proud of you.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Lucky bitch... anyway, most ppl bet more than what they could re-coup back

I had a friend who is a heavy better on lottery games, and ocassionally he wins some money like $20K, but the amount of money he invested in, is surely more than the $20K, thus he's still losing despite he won

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast