Thread: Movie Maker

LilAznAccommodator's Avatar Celestial Seraph
    Dear Readers,

I was wondering if there is a Program that is similiar to Microsoft Movie Maker but it is able to cut scnes from let's say... .vob files... As I changed the extension to .avi but when I try to load onto Movie Maker I get the following Message:

"*FileName* could not be imported. An interface has too many methods to fire events from"

So dont know if there is such a program .. As I wanted to edit out uneccessary scenes from a few of these files... Thanks.
    Credits to ChuNaku,Kazearashi,Kennethzzz,Kiyocchi,S4ku,Tanakachi and Tubster68:

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Retired
    i dont think any can work with DVD .vob files because those are encrypted.

Premiere Pro also does not support DVD .vob files:
    http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/331978.html

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    changing the extension does not change the movie format
    you could convert the vob to avi etc using any dvdrip programme or converter

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by 100% View Post
    changing the extension does not change the movie format

changing the extention to .mpeg works with Premiere Pro (if the vob is not encrypted)
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 09-16-2006 at 11:10 AM.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Vob files are basically mpeg files in a packet form that includes other information as well, so if you were going to rename the file .mpg or .mpeg would be more appropriate. For editing Vob files I use Virtual Dub Mod. It will parse the file and then allow you to edit (cut out scenes) by using the buttons at the bottom of the window. good cuts require you find a key frame for both the begining and end (key buttons move between key frames). The red/green buttons scan for scene changes and the last two buttons are used to cut (left half arrow set start of cut, right half arrow set end of cut).

You cannot use Direct Stream for video when you import a Vob file so you have to reencode the file (full processing) after editing, to divx or xvid.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    LilAznAccommodator's Avatar Celestial Seraph
    Awwww, I see, bleh whenever I convert it, it gets out of sync, so I gave up on that.

And also I am dumb they aren't .vob, they were originally .TS files >< because they are ripped from either 1080i/ High Definition TV's... Bleh. Not sure if that makes a difference though...
    Credits to ChuNaku,Kazearashi,Kennethzzz,Kiyocchi,S4ku,Tanakachi and Tubster68: