Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: good ol' popey..

peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tralalala View Post
    finally a pope with balls...

and yet what he said was proven a day later.. he said Islamists are extremist violent people.. the Muslims obviously disagreed, and how? by throwing molotov cocktails at a church in Nablus......

i honestly think world war 3 will be Islam vs. Rest of World.
    I think the pope is a joke. Besides being head of the Vatican (political role), what's the point of him religious-wise?

I remember seeing this past line

"it is absolutely necessary for the salvation of every creature to be united to the Roman Pontiff"

WTF?!
    Was that the head of the Catholic or head by the Catholic ? The Salvation Army is another sore point with me .

But just my thoughts ,after being brought up in a strict Catholic home .

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Assigning a "spokesman" for Islam from without wouldn't work; it would have to be something initiated and supported from within.

I haven't taken a look at the news in the last couple days, but I recall back over the Dutch cartoon controversy a number of calls for moderation (specifically from various mosques in Canada).

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicNakor View Post
    Assigning a "spokesman" for Islam from without wouldn't work; it would have to be something initiated and supported from within.
    I'm not talking about asking them, you see.

Point being, I'd love to have one of them speak up to say, "Now, wait just a minute-(insert cleric's name here) doesn't speak for me..."
    Last edited by j2k4; 09-16-2006 at 09:01 PM.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post

I think the pope is a joke. Besides being head of the Vatican (political role), what's the point of him religious-wise?

I remember seeing this past line

"it is absolutely necessary for the salvation of every creature to be united to the Roman Pontiff"

WTF?!
    Was that the head of the Catholic or head by the Catholic ? The Salvation Army is another sore point with me .

But just my thoughts ,after being brought up in a strict Catholic home .
    Why? Would you care to elucidate? Being non religious, they appear to me to be continually doing something for the more unfortunate amongst us.

P.S. I am trying to ensure a bowl of soup in the not too distant future.

Sorry, Hi Rafi.
    Last edited by bigboab; 09-16-2006 at 09:15 PM.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Agrajag's Avatar Just Lame
    Anyone, anywhere, of any religion, or lack thereof can say anything they want, at any time in any tone of voice, for any reason, about the Catholic Church. No-one will get up in arms about it.

FFS the UK is constitutionally and institutionally anti-Catholic and it's been that way for centuries.

Forgive me if I don't get my knickers in a twist because His Holiness quoted a 14th century Byzantine emperor and people who go out of their way to find offence have managed to get offended by it.

Here's what you are managing to achieve. People like me saying, "Well fuck off then. You don't like me, you don't like what I believe, then don't fucking talk to me, or trade with me, or take my aid, or come to my Country. Promise I won't come to your's."

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Agrajag View Post
    Anyone, anywhere, of any religion, or lack thereof can say anything they want, at any time in any tone of voice, for any reason, about the Catholic Church. No-one will get up in arms about it.

FFS the UK is constitutionally and institutionally anti-Catholic and it's been that way for centuries.

Forgive me if I don't get my knickers in a twist because His Holiness quoted a 14th century Byzantine emperor and people who go out of their way to find offence have managed to get offended by it.

Here's what you are managing to achieve. People like me saying, "Well fuck off then. You don't like me, you don't like what I believe, then don't fucking talk to me, or trade with me, or take my aid, or come to my Country. Promise I won't come to your's."
    What?

No rioting, no church burning?

Are you quite mad?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    I just don't get Muslims these days.

I was just watching Bill Maher and he said that people take the pope more seriously than Catholics.

If the pope says, "You must stop masturbation."

Catholics would say, "Look at him hahahaha. He has on a funny hat."

Why does anyone care what the fuck he thinks? He is just a man and man with little meaning religious-wise.

Muslims want to act out as if they've been embarassed....their shorts have been pulled down on stage at the Superbowl halftime show and now every knows they have a 1-inch penis.

NOT.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Agrajag View Post

What?

Are you quite mad?
    Mad, I'm bastard furious.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post

What?

Are you quite mad?
    Mad, I'm bastard furious.
    Oh, but not irrational, then...still tolerant, and all that?

What kind of religious nut-bag are you, anyhoo?

Downright uncivilized.

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Last edited by j2k4; 09-17-2006 at 01:42 PM. Reason: duplicate post

-Mark Twain

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast