Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Increase Line Gain

I do hate calling up the phone company (BT). But on this occasion i thought, i might as well call them, seemed like a good enough idea that might actually work. Too bad most of u americans can't do this just playing!!!
    The gain apparent takes 24 hours. Let u guy's know how it goes 2morrow.

2. File Sharing   -   #52
    I usually get about 3k per sec but i once got just over 7 sustained a long time ago. I downloaded like that for about 10 megs till the file finished. I was so astounded I took this pic: http://snow.prohosting.com/gglswrth/mine.x its not edited though I cant prove that... What do you make of it? Just a fluke or what?

3. File Sharing   -   #53
    Originally posted by hpdeskjet697c@5 August 2003 - 07:12
    I usually get about 3k per sec but i once got just over 7 sustained a long time ago. I downloaded like that for about 10 megs till the file finished. I was so astounded I took this pic: http://snow.prohosting.com/gglswrth/mine.x its not edited though I cant prove that... What do you make of it? Just a fluke or what?
    LEEECH

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

4. File Sharing   -   #54
    Poster
    Absolutely&#33;&#33; No excuse, that download would have taken a considerable amount of time.

Maybe we should all enter that IP into our blocked lists.

5. File Sharing   -   #55
    Looks like the gain worked&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; The computer it&#39;s self actually noticed a change in speed...and having checked at pcpitstop.com how fast my downloads are....not a big improvement. It&#39;s only improved by 2ks to 41k which is still poor. Just found out as well that the bastards at bt limite the downloads to 45.6 k for dial up users...cause of the gain it&#39;s gone up by one to 46.6k. I hardly notice any speed change with a 1k gain.

Did u guy&#39;s specify to the operators how much of a gain u guy&#39;s wanted???

6. File Sharing   -   #56
    Originally posted by balamm@5 August 2003 - 06:38
    Absolutely&#33;&#33; No excuse, that download would have taken a considerable amount of time.

Maybe we should all enter that IP into our blocked lists.
    hmm... right well adding my ip to your block list wouldn&#39;t do a hell of a lotta good since i&#39;m on dial-up and that means I&#39;m on a dynamic ip. And if you block a range then you block a lot more poeple than just me. And since my isp provides cable and dsl internet then you may be blocking people who are actually sharing files at a fast rate. Then theres the fact that my isp changes the first part of my ip dramaticaly every couple of months or so.

Excuse me if I have a small hard drive and I keep my downloads on cds.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456