Thread: Invalid Cd Homeworld Problem

Urgent

I downloaded homeworld 1 (yes, the old 1999 original game) from eMule. The file -homeworld.(osloskop.net).iso- seems to be correct: I mount the file, install it, but when it's time to play it displas a tiny, nice & endlessly cute dialog box saying "invalid or missing homeworld CD. please insert valid CD".

I've read a similar post about homeworld 2, where the solution was DL a no cd patch in game copy world, but the link appears to be broken.

HELP!! Anyone? I'm quite clueless about these topics, any thrace of help would be completly appreciated.

THANX.

2. Games   -   #2
    LegendaryU2K's Avatar "Respect all Women"
    Try megagames site. They might have a no cd patch. If, not, you are out of luck, because gamecopy world and megagames are the only sites i trust for no cd patches.

You can also go to ebgames, and if they are selling budget pc games on the rack, maybe you can find homeworld.

3. Games   -   #3
    JordoR's Avatar Madden Champ!
    Yeah I just checked GameCopyWorld, and theres many No-Cd patches for whatever version you might have. Hope it works, this is a very old but still a great game to play.
    Peter: Excuse me, is your refrigerator running?
    Because if it is, it probably runs like you - very homosexually.

4. Games   -   #4
    thanx.
    i got it
    the thing was like this, the orginal game had an issue where you had to update to v 1.05 to solve the problem. I just downloaded de file from relic's official site and everything's right now

thanx again. and yes, it's an old but FUN *though to beat* game

5. Games   -   #5
    Seedler's Avatar T__________________T
    Homeworld
    Biostar XE T5
    i5-750 @ 4.0 GHZ stable (CM Hyper 212)
    2 x 2GB Cosair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHZ
    Radeon 5850 @ 866/1254MHZ
    Intel X25-M in RAID 0
    WD Caviar Black 2TB in RAID 0
    3 x Asus 25.5" VW266H LCD [Eyefinity]