Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shareaza 1.9 Beta

Jaanus1's Avatar Member
    Beta doesn't allow to download. I don't know why but it doesn't connect to any users for downloading.

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by Jaanus1@14 May 2003 - 13:53
    Beta doesn't allow to download. I don't know why but it doesn't connect to any users for downloading.
    I'm downloading with the beta now. There are some bugs, but for the most part, I like it alot. Reality, I'm still trying to get an answer on the bittorrent thing. The forums were down at shareaza last night when I tried to get the details.
    Proud member of MDS

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    I couldn't find an answer either, seems a mystery, for the moment.

By the way have you checked this page http://ei.kefro.st/projects/btclient/, regarding a new bittorent client.

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    Regarding our previous discussion on bittorrent, and how the downloads work in Shareaza. I took this from the Shareaza forums.

After you finish the file, Shareaza will still share with other BitTorrent users until you clear the file from your download panel. So you might want to turn off auto-clear. Since most users don't have "auto-clear" on, and don't ussually upkeep their download panel that often, Shareaza should be a good partisipant in the BitTorrent community.
    Well, now we know.
    Proud member of MDS

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    hey where can i get bittorent movies from

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    Originally posted by Airblade@16 May 2003 - 13:32
    hey where can i get bittorent movies from
    This thread is for discussion on Shareaza, but here is the answer to your question.
    Proud member of MDS

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    Poster
    New Shareaza beta version is out
    Latest Shareaza Beta: 1.8.8.3

read here what is Changes in this new version : http://forums.shareaza.com/showthread.php?...s=&threadid=639

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    Originally posted by Champion@16 May 2003 - 16:34
    New Shareaza beta version is out
    Latest Shareaza Beta: 1.8.8.3
    This thread is for the 1.9 beta, stay focused.

Now, onward and upward. I have noticed a problem with Emule downloads in Shareaza. I've been trying to find a file, M2 - Centropy disk 3, you get the idea. I popped the hash into Shareza, waited a week, and the file was only 20% done. I was really dissapointed with the speed. So I closed down Shareaza, opened emule, and entered the same hash. 24 hours later, my file is 100% complete.

What we've learned is that emule downloads are much faster in Emule than Shareaza. Emule rewards uploaders differently than in the Shareaza beta. Interesting.
    Proud member of MDS

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    The file 1.8.8.3 is the 1.9 beta, as advertised on their website, (but when i installed it, its 1.8.8.2 )
    <insert signature here>

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    Poster
    This thread is for the 1.9 beta, stay focused.
    LOL, all those betas is for 1.9, when all betas are checked, than lastest release will be called 1.9.
    1.9 = 1.8.8.x

Now, onward and upward. I have noticed a problem with Emule downloads in Shareaza. I&#39;ve been trying to find a file, M2 - Centropy disk 3, you get the idea. I popped the hash into Shareza, waited a week, and the file was only 20% done. I was really dissapointed with the speed. So I closed down Shareaza, opened emule, and entered the same hash. 24 hours later, my file is 100% complete.

What we&#39;ve learned is that emule downloads are much faster in Emule than Shareaza. Emule rewards uploaders differently than in the Shareaza beta. Interesting.
    before shareaza user only could download from edonkey users. but now all edk clients support shareaza, so that mean that you will get faster download and more results... you will not only download from edk network, but you can also download same file from others network, if it find it.

The file 1.8.8.3 is the 1.9 beta, as advertised on their website, (but when i installed it, its 1.8.8.2 )
    those links at shareaza are for 1.9 Beta and 1.8.2 Release(old version).
    download from those links that are under Shareaza.com 1.9 beta, http://www.shareaza.com/download/

btw, a new beta version will be out soon.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast