Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mpeg to dvd

Poster BT Rep: +1
    ok i have finally got a file fully downloaded but it is a mpeg and i cannot burn it to dvd so that i can watch it does someone know of a program that can convert mpeg to a dvd file for burning i have sonic clonedvd nero so look forward to getting more advice thanks

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Use NeroVision

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    thanks for that one thing though is there a program that will convert an mpeg to a dvd file??

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    dvd files are mpeg files (mpeg-2). you may have downloaded an mpeg-4 file which some dvd players can play without conversion. When necessary I use VSO convert X to dvd which can convert just about any video to a dvd compliant mpeg-2 file. I learned everything I know about this stuff at videohelp.com

...wait a minute I thought I was in the bitorrent section

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    www.dvdrhelp.com should have any tools or tutorials you may need for converting to any other video formats.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    ok i have downloaded convertx to dvd and converted my file and copied to dvd disc tried to play it in two dvd players and got disc error on both tried it in a ps2 with a matrix infinity chip and got a title screen but would not play any body know what to do next i am here standing over computer with sledge hammer awaiting instructions

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2
    So I am assuming that you have a folder called DVD_0 which contains two folders called VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS if so then you just need select the burn dvd option in nero vision express just select video pictures option and then select the DVD video Files option and load up the VIDEO_TS folder which contains the movie and the AUDIO_TS folder which is needed even if its empty.

or use the guide below but I feel my way is eaiser.

http://www.dvdshrink.info/nero-video.php

Hope this helps you.

Edit: Have you used that namebrand of media before since some DVD players dont like certain type of branded media and also do the DVD players play both PAL and NTSC?

You might be converting to a NTSC file and your player only supports PAL or it could be the other way around too just putting out some more ideas to see if anyone of these help.
    Last edited by DKre8ive1; 09-14-2006 at 05:25 AM.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    as far as i know they will play both and even so a ps2 with a matrix infinity chip will play anything but i have just had a win i got smartsoft dvd creator and it worked whoo hoo but it only converts 70% unless you buy the full version not keen on that idea so does anyone know of a torrent site that has this program or anywhere that has it for free of course

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    dodgy368's Avatar Poster
    What's the file size of the mpeg and the name of it?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    most of the files so far have been overhaulin the tv show so only around 700 to 900 kb/s i have been able to convert and burn with avs video converter but with only a trial version i keep getting that annoying watermark coming up so if you know where i can get the full version from i would be glad to know thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast