Thread: What is the fastest loading codec pack.

I am looking for a complete pack that is fast at loading files.

with the packs like Klite, mega-codec pack, cccp when I open a file with WMP or MPC it takes at least a second or two for the file to start playing.

This is very annoying when looking for one episode in my library.

Before with old K-Lite packs, I did not install dome decoders and options so it was fast, but now I cannot get that speed back.

Just ffdshow is usually fast, but it always becomes unstable after some time (days-weeks) and crashes the system.

VLC works fine and is usually quite fast, but it is not as good as other players for fast and exact seeking, especially with wmv type files.

Anybody know of a fast codec of what parts of settings of the codec packs I mentioned above can make files load instantly again.

Thanks

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    limesqueezer's Avatar kwasheni rejtash
    cccp

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I tried CCCP and it was just as slow as the rest despite using ffdshow.

Can you tell me what settings you use or what settings can affect file loading speed?

Thanks

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    limesqueezer's Avatar kwasheni rejtash
    Well i can watch about anything without any codec packs fast. Thats because i don't need them, if i do need a codec pack sometimes for some movie i don't install the whole pack. I had speed troubles with k-lite codecs only. Too many codecs, especialy codec packs with same codecs installed at same time can fight each other. I used to use ace codec pack but now i use only bsplayer pro for watching movies (with subtitles) or most likely my divx player. I install divx, xvid and ac3, more i don't need in 90% of time.
    You speed could be slow because you used too many codec packs, you messed up system of windows probably or you have too much in taskbar.
    But i could only guess cause it could also be spyware and such. I try not to install any codecs packs on new windows cause i have a feeling that you can't really uninstall some for real out of your system and they can cause problems later with other codecs.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I try to install only basics. Divx, Xvid, ac3, divx like you and some others like divx audio and divx 3.11, and some of the additional features.

I also install some encoding codecs so maybe that is hurting my speed, but with all the options, I am not sure exactly what I need.

I am still trying. If I find a good combination I will post it.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Please read this thead, it tell you everything you need to know.

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=127907

yo

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Please read this thead, it tell you everything you need to know.

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=127907
    This post doesn't really help me other than saying I only need divx, xvid and ac-3 for just about anything, which is true.

Anyway I installed K-Lite 2.76 with only the basic decoders and encoders as listed above.
    The good news is that it works fast again. Now I need to get Mega Codec pack with the same settings with real and QT alternative.

To test, launch a video with WMP 6.4 (or any with fast switching) open another file then navigate back and forth as fast as you can and if you see the video actually load each time then it is definitely fast. I can switch 2-3 times a second on a good day and now my system keeps up.

Thanks

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    XP Codec Pack is good, provides you with the minimum... Just search for extras when you need them.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    I have always used the XP codec pack and is seems to be very good and reliable. It has never let me down !!! Yet