Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Blue screen of death XP PRO, HELP!!

suprafreak6's Avatar Suprafreak6 is Back!
    2 options left, ram problem or heat problem, as for ram, i think you have to little, but 512 should be fine with most programs

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by Global Jihad View Post
    2 options left, ram problem or heat problem, as for ram, i think you have to little, but 512 should be fine with most programs

I wish he would post the stress test text as VB asked maybe some clue there ?

You know I'm grasping at straws here , but on board vid takes what 16 mb of memory ? Wonder if before you formatted you fucked in the bios too ? Be curious what the settings for your mobo are ?

Video memory ,shadowing etc. You can adjust the amount of video memory allocated in the BIOS .

I'd look there mabye you have a wrong setting ?
    Last edited by peat moss; 09-20-2006 at 04:00 AM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    david02's Avatar only human BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by david02 View Post
    hmmm I thought everest would display (in the memory section) the real amount of ram (in your case 512) but it looks this is not the case (I wonder why) . Everest told me I have 511 MB Ram, not 512. Although it says 512 MB on section computer/summary I still find this strange .

Do other people have this too?

and yeah Peat Moss, It looks like Everest cannot calculate that well

Used ram + free ram = total ram -1(!)

strangly it calculates the same way on my configuration

Can someone explain this ?

I'll try to find an explanation but I do not have that much time now.

hmm I got a message from Fiery , on the lavalyst everest forum
    . I do not have an onboard gfx card but anyway
    ----

In most cases the remaining amount of memory is used by the onboard video. EVEREST shows the amount of RAM the operating system can utilize.

For example, when you have 4 GB RAM, and you're running a Windows XP 32-bit OS, then WinXP can only use 3.0 or 3.5 GB of RAM -- and then EVEREST will show the 3.0 or 3.5 GB amount on the Computer / Summary page, instead of the 4 GB total RAM.

If you want to check the actual, physical memory amount, you can go to the Motherboard / SPD page for the installed memory module details.

Regards,
    Fiery
    ''God is dead.'' - Nietche
    ''Nietche is dead!'' -God

graffiti

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    david02's Avatar only human BT Rep: +1
    btw is the probem of blue screen of deah solved?
    ''God is dead.'' - Nietche
    ''Nietche is dead!'' -God

graffiti

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    KazaaBoy's Avatar Nothing On The Moon.
    No it isn't solved. The company came and took it for repair because it's under warranty. They will tell me what's wrong with it and hopefully no more BSOD.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Anytime you want to video game or mess with video editing you should have 1 GB of RAM or higher. I suggest higher because even at 1 GB you'll get freezes and sudden reboots sometimes. A lot of WinXP machines got sold with 256 MB RAM out the box which wasn't enough. Later they started selling them with 512 which is much better but still not enough for heavy use. Computers are running with more and more programs running all at once which takes system resources. Computer makers only care about making sure the os runs stable out the box with the bare minimum to keep prices down. It's up to you to beef it up & keep it running smooth as you install lots of stuff.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    I had a random BSOD problem ages ago, it would happen randomly even when using a webcam with MSN. Turned out there was a tiny dent/scratch on the cpu where the fan had come off during shipping and given it a whack.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by killuminati96 View Post
    Anytime you want to video game or mess with video editing you should have 1 GB of RAM or higher. I suggest higher because even at 1 GB you'll get freezes and sudden reboots sometimes...
    I would say that if you get freezes and sudden reboots with 1GB then it's not due to "not enough RAM". Something else is causing it.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by KazaaBoy View Post
    No it isn't solved. The company came and took it for repair because it's under warranty. They will tell me what's wrong with it and hopefully no more BSOD.

Under warranty ? Cripes I suggested taking it to a shop a few pages ago . Why beat your self up its the manufacturers problem . I think I'v been here too long , I forget the obvious .

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    KazaaBoy's Avatar Nothing On The Moon.
    Ok I got my PC back and I am gonna put it through some tests like before.

There was a repair check list with it for me as a customer copy. Here is what it said

"Attempted XP repair
    windows was to corrupt to repair
    reinstalled xp media centre
    replaced modem
    all systems tests ok"

He can't even spell "too corrupt"

Mother fucker formated my HDD. Gonna call them tomorrow and yall at them over the phone. I am gonna take out the modem as I don't use it and if it's gonna be a problem then it shouldnt be there.

Gonna put it through the test and get back here.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast