Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Klrun And Ksharedfolder

Rocko's Avatar Poster
    klrun v1.1

Fixed a huge bug in win9x it didn't check if the process was running, before starting it

Now if klrun is executed without any parameters it will check if HKCU\Software\Kazaa registry key exist if not it will run the "Wizard" else will run kpp

The Wizard file location is readed from the registry key HKLM\Software\Kazaa\Wizard

kSharedFolder v1.1

optimized some rutines and removed some useless code so the exe is smaller

KLRun v1.10
    Sources

kSharedFolder v1.10
    Sources

Rocko

@Paul i maked all those changes to be able to setup correctly KL in multiple users enviroments like WinXP. So the application icon should be linked to KLrun instead of kpp.
    Also i'm testing if i can write a custom "db" folder at KLrun start with the user's name so he/she will be able to run KL, from different users accounts at the same time, in the same computer.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    cborga1985
    Originally posted by Rocko@3 May 2003 - 16:13
    klrun v1.1

Fixed a huge bug in win9x it didn't check if the process was running, before starting it

Now if klrun is executed without any parameters it will check if HKCU\Software\Kazaa registry key exist if not it will run the "Wizard" else will run kpp

The Wizard file location is readed from the registry key HKLM\Software\Kazaa\Wizard

kSharedFolder v1.1

optimized some rutines and removed some useless code so the exe is smaller

KLRun v1.10
    Sources

kSharedFolder v1.10
    Sources

Rocko

@Paul i maked all those changes to be able to setup correctly KL in multiple users enviroments like WinXP. So the application icon should be linked to KLrun instead of kpp.
    Also i'm testing if i can write a custom "db" folder at KLrun start with the user's name so he/she will be able to run KL, from different users accounts at the same time, in the same computer.
    nice work rocko keep it up and good luck with the custom "db"

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    ryan2_2
    The only thing I would suggest is for Paul to rename kpp.exe to kpp.kpp so klrun.exe would be the only application that can start Kazaa Lite in the Kazaa Lite directory (to avoid confusion).

But other than that, great job!

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    The only thing I would suggest is for Paul to rename kpp.exe to kpp.kpp so klrun.exe would be the only application in the Kazaa Lite directory (to avoid confusion).
    good idea.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    Wouahh it's the day of Rocko with KL Extensions 0.50 beta 3, KLRun v1.10 and kSharedFolder v1.10

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Originally posted by ryan2_2@3 May 2003 - 09:53
    The only thing I would suggest is for Paul to rename kpp.exe to kpp.kpp so klrun.exe would be the only application that can start Kazaa Lite in the Kazaa Lite directory (to avoid confusion).
    i dunno much bout programmin but isn't it supposed to be an executable to run kazaalite.kpp? how will that be possible if kpp.exe is changed to kpp.kpp???

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    It's just changing the extension.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    KLrun and Kpp.exe are two diferent thing ... KLrun actualy dont run kazaa lite ... it make possible to start program from the web page inside kazaa using an internal klrun: protocol ... a bit like sing2dat: but to start tools

try type klrun:ksharedfolder.exe in your browser bar ... you'll see what i mean

if the name is a bit confusing we may rename it to KStartTool or something like that

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Forum Star
    @ Rocko

Can you update klrun and the configuration wizard so that it reads/sets a specific registry key that indicates if the proper user settings are in HKCU instead of checking if the general key is there.

HKCU\Software\Kazaa\propersettings (dword)

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Rocko's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Paul@4 May 2003 - 07:54
    @ Rocko

Can you update klrun and the configuration wizard so that it reads/sets a specific registry key that indicates if the proper user settings are in HKCU instead of checking if the general key is there.

HKCU\Software\Kazaa\propersettings (dword)
    Good idea the value can change with every update.

Will do that.

Rocko

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast