Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Who would win, American vs Great Britan

Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SnnY View Post
    Goddammit. Not another one.

Hahahahahahahahahaah.

No.

If the chinese and indians managed to stage an invasion they'd zerg your pants off.

And besides, you couldn't nuke all the rest of the world, the fallout and/or nuclear winter would fuck you up.

And then there's internal politics. Starting too many wars for no reason, hell, starting one war with the UK, would be a sure way to self-destruct politically, for any administration that tried it. And, you know, any companies doing business abroad in whatever region you went after would want the president's arse as well.

Hell, you've not even managed to beat the Iraqis properly, and you damned sure didn't beat Vietnam.

Let's face it, you couldn't use much in the way of nukes, 'cos it'd be crap in the long run for for you.

So if you tried to start a war with anywhere that isn't top-heavy with fanatics and other jobs making the ("western") world at least slightly sympathetic to your cause, you'd pwn yourself.

You might be able to beat a small part of the world. In theory.
    True dat, if we weren't to do these 1st year med student surgical strikes.

Iraq and Vietnam are not good examples. If, instead of operating on the arm we cut it off, we'd win quite easily....even without nukes.

However, that's just not roight. We can't take the Azrael against Ebola approach.
    Surgical strikes work sometimes...

Would have been awesome if the US could have taken out Saddam, without the invading of Iraq and the subsequent mess, or Bin Laden, it would prolly be all right if they took him out, in a way.

Couldn't, and can't tho'.

One was too well prepared I guess, and the other can't be found

So, with big targets like countries => The US gets into all sorts of problems, politically and logistically.

And with small targets like specific people or groups => The US had better hope they slip up and reveal where they are, or that they aren't sitting a kilometre underground in a neat little bunker.

I have no doubt tho', that America has the guns to wreck the world...but so has a bunch of other nations, anyone with nukes rly, or a decent chemistry set, or...

If you want to kill indiscriminately, which the US can't ('cos of, you know consequences), all it takes is one bright chap with access to the right sort of virus, or toxin, or plutonium, or a nuke in the right place, like a polar cap, maybe. And the world is your oyster.

2. Lounge   -   #82
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Is Azrael not that cat from the Smurfs and also Death of Deaths in the discworld novels?
    I'm sure him and Pestilence would get on just fine

3. Lounge   -   #83
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skweeky View Post
    Is Azrael not that cat from the Smurfs and also Death of Deaths in the discworld novels?
    I'm sure him and Pestilence would get on just fine
    The Smurfs, an excellent Belgian cartoon.

Azrael was also in the movie Fallen.

4. Lounge   -   #84
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    A kickass Batman, as well.

5. Lounge   -   #85
    Quote Originally Posted by SnnY View Post
    A kickass Batman, as well.
    Dumas.

I wish they made the Knightfall storyline into a movie. They still can, actually.

The way Bane was used in Batman and Robin was a travesty, a sham, and a mockery.

For longevity and continuity they could introduce Azrael in an earlier Batman movie then have 'im take the mantle.

6. Lounge   -   #86
    Tempestv's Avatar Engineer
    I guess it all depends on what kind of battle we are talking about here.
    If the UK attacked America, say trying to take back the colonys- fat chance.- Just one of our carrier groups against your whole navy would be considered a fair fight, not to mention the airforce that could attack any UK invasion force before it ever got to shore, then the considerable size of the american ground forces, and fail all that, 61 million armed civilians.
    as for America attacking the UK, it would be a lot closer fight- despite the difference in size of the respective militarys, there is something to be said for having the hometeam advantage. not only would it likely give the people of the UK a "nothing left to loose" mentality, all of the American troops and supplys would have to cross the atlantic. at the same time, overcoming the english citizens would probably prove to be easier due to the reduced number of firearms ownership.
    If this war was over control and ownership of some land far flung from both countrys, in say asia, I beleve the considerably larger size of the American military would insure an American victory. (expessially if we pulled our troops out of Iraq)
    Plan for the worst, hope for the best

7. Lounge   -   #87
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    England ftw

8. Lounge   -   #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempestv View Post
    I guess it all depends on what kind of battle we are talking about here.
    If the UK attacked America, say trying to take back the colonys- fat chance.- Just one of our carrier groups against your whole navy would be considered a fair fight, not to mention the airforce that could attack any UK invasion force before it ever got to shore, then the considerable size of the american ground forces, and fail all that, 61 million armed civilians.
    as for America attacking the UK, it would be a lot closer fight- despite the difference in size of the respective militarys, there is something to be said for having the hometeam advantage. not only would it likely give the people of the UK a "nothing left to loose" mentality, all of the American troops and supplys would have to cross the atlantic. at the same time, overcoming the english citizens would probably prove to be easier due to the reduced number of firearms ownership.
    If this war was over control and ownership of some land far flung from both countrys, in say asia, I beleve the considerably larger size of the American military would insure an American victory. (expessially if we pulled our troops out of Iraq)
    See that's the thing. Any incursion by America where there is regard for the opposition country's structure and civilians would make the fight closer in the opposition country's favor.

Now if we (without using nukes) decided to wipe the UK clean, it'd be no contest....even with crossing the Atlantic. Of course we wouldn't cross right into the UK but we'd set up outside of it. The Atlantic crossing would merely be a time and money constraint. Logistically, I wouldn't see much of a problem.

Set up a strong base across the Atlantic before waging war (so it can defend itself) while bringing in the rest of the assault teams. If the base(s) isn't(aren't) strong enough then bratland could just wipe it(them) out from the getgo which would force American forces to amass further away and so forth.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 09-23-2006 at 10:32 AM.

9. Lounge   -   #89
    bigjoe75's Avatar FYC BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    WTF? Must've been kids who started this thread. lol Go bills!!!

10. Lounge   -   #90
    One on one i would reckon it would be the U.S simply size and nukes.
    My Ratios :

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast