Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BioShock Preview (PC)

MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    Though, on a slightly related noted, I hate games that have battery operated torches that only stay lit for a few minutes before needing to be recharged. I have a torch and it stays lit for fucking hours. These marines need to get themselves some better batteries...

2. Games   -   #12
    And crates. I fucking hate crates.

3. Games   -   #13
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post

Cos that would be typical, ya think?

Looking at that game, it is anything but typical.
    The host in the beginning even states that the hero will be ammo deprived.

Quote Originally Posted by MCHeshPants420
    Most of the time the lack of ammo at the start of the game is explained by the storyline. Far Cry, Half Life 1 & 2, Doom all explain the lack of ammo at the beginning.

Bioshock does as well it seems: "The game starts with the player underwater following a plane crash in the ocean, surrounded by debris."

Ammo starving can make for a better game imo, more tense. Imagine how unscary Resident Evil and its sequels would have been if there was ammo lying about all over the place and you started with the BFG. Bioshock looks like you have to make lots of choices about what to do with regards to ammo and the like, do you wade through your enemies wasting precious ammo and equipment or use a more sneaky conserving approach.
    I understand that and all, I just don't like it.

Speaking of Resident Evil, that was the worst part about the game imo, was the lack of ammo. I can't name how many times I died in the same spot because I had no ammo. Trying to punch like 3 zombies coming right at me. That's why I never even bothered to play it again after part 2. Silent Hill was guilty of this crime as well and again, I never played any of the sequels.

I will however give Bioshock a try, it looks far too tempting.

I'm mostly excited about the dynamics of this game. I like how the host says the the "Daddies" just roam around randomly with no set path, and that they always do something different from the time before. Games are actually beginning to have some actually AI. Crysis is good about this too. I'm excited about its release as well.
    Last edited by Skizo; 10-01-2006 at 10:29 PM.

yo

4. Games   -   #14
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    The host in the beginning even states that the hero will be ammo deprived.

Yeah and?

Quote Originally Posted by MCHeshPants420
    Most of the time the lack of ammo at the start of the game is explained by the storyline. Far Cry, Half Life 1 & 2, Doom all explain the lack of ammo at the beginning.

Bioshock does as well it seems: "The game starts with the player underwater following a plane crash in the ocean, surrounded by debris."

Ammo starving can make for a better game imo, more tense. Imagine how unscary Resident Evil and its sequels would have been if there was ammo lying about all over the place and you started with the BFG. Bioshock looks like you have to make lots of choices about what to do with regards to ammo and the like, do you wade through your enemies wasting precious ammo and equipment or use a more sneaky conserving approach.
    I understand that and all, I just don't like it.

Speaking of Resident Evil, that was the worst part about the game imo, was the lack of ammo. I can't name how many times I died in the same spot because I had no ammo. Trying to punch like 3 zombies coming right at me. That's why I never even bothered to play it again after part 2. Silent Hill was guilty of this crime as well and again, I never played any of the sequels.

I will however give Bioshock a try, it looks far too tempting.

I'm mostly excited about the dynamics of this game. I like how the host says the the "Daddies" just roam around randomly with no set path, and that they always do something different from the time before. Games are actually beginning to have some actually AI. Crysis is good about this too. I'm excited about its release as well.
    Some games require a little more skill besides simply mowing down the opposition with limitless firepower.

If you try some other means of getting through levels like evasion and other smarts you might find some games more enjoyable and hell even....beat the game.

I've beaten all the main RE games besides RE 0 (I just never got around to it).
    I actually have a habit of overconservation. If I get a powerful weapon, I tend not to use cos I always think I'll need it later and won't get more ammo for it. I did that a whole lot with RE 4. I NEVER used the machine gun.

5. Games   -   #15
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    If I get a powerful weapon, I tend not to use cos I always think I'll need it later and won't get more ammo for it.
    lol, i do the exactly the same thing. i save all the "more powerful" weapons for the end and then i usually miss out on what the weapon had to offer.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

6. Games   -   #16
    Seedler's Avatar T__________________T
    Looks shit.

A HL2 wannabie.
    Biostar XE T5
    i5-750 @ 4.0 GHZ stable (CM Hyper 212)
    2 x 2GB Cosair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHZ
    Radeon 5850 @ 866/1254MHZ
    Intel X25-M in RAID 0
    WD Caviar Black 2TB in RAID 0
    3 x Asus 25.5" VW266H LCD [Eyefinity]

7. Games   -   #17
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Some games require a little more skill besides simply mowing down the opposition with limitless firepower.

If you try some other means of getting through levels like evasion and other smarts you might find some games more enjoyable and hell even....beat the game.

I actually have a habit of overconservation. If I get a powerful weapon, I tend not to use cos I always think I'll need it later and won't get more ammo for it. I did that a whole lot with RE 4. I NEVER used the machine gun.
    I just said it's not my kind of game, that's all.

yo

8. Games   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Seedler View Post

Indeed a sweet game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seedler
    Looks shit.

A HL2 wannabie.
    Yeah, you're just spamming up the place not even remembering what you have already posted. Twat.

9. Games   -   #19
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)

yo

10. Games   -   #20
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post

I just said it's not my kind of game, that's all.
    True. Your type of game is long dead....well there is Doom.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast