Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: BioShock Preview (PC)

Cheese's Avatar Poster
    I didn't expect Bioshock to be dumbed down too much for console users but it's nice to have confirmation. I have bead memories of games like Deus Ex 2 and even PC Oblivion suffered in some respects due to being developed alongside its lesser console version.

2. Games   -   #42
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Well, for FPS games, I love the keyboard mostly.

I have played the Call of Duty games for ages and love the setup. Tho' it definitely takes some getting used to and I can understand why some don't like it.
    Yeah I got used to it; been using it for forever. Ultimately, moving with buttons as supposed to an analog stick, sucks.

I don't understand why someone hasn't made this yet (analog + mouse).

It would have to be specially made for one hand. I dunno if an existing gamepad with analog stick can be used with a mouse but gamepads usually require 2 hands to be comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
    I didn't expect Bioshock to be dumbed down too much for console users but it's nice to have confirmation. I have bead memories of games like Deus Ex 2 and even PC Oblivion suffered in some respects due to being developed alongside its lesser console version.
    Then I guess it wasn't a bad read then. I didn't know Oblivion was a little messed up for the PC.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 07-29-2007 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. Games   -   #43
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    I didn't know Oblivion was a little messed up for the PC.
    One holdover from the simultaneous console/PC development was the menus were hideous (without the BTMod), big huge icons meaning you could only see about six items in your inventory at the same time and a clunky interface which probably worked for a gamepad but was annoying with a mouse.
    Last edited by Cheese; 07-29-2007 at 05:12 PM.

4. Games   -   #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    I didn't know Oblivion was a little messed up for the PC.
    One holdover from the simultaneous console/PC development was the menus were hideous (without the BTMod), big huge icons meaning you could only see about six items in your inventory at the same time and a clunky interface which probably worked for a gamepad but was annoying with a mouse.
    What sux is that those would've involved very simple fixes.

It does seem like Bioshock was develeped for the 360 first due to the screens I've seen with 360 icons on it.

I wonder if there'll be Bioshock mods on the PC?

5. Games   -   #45
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    This game looks cool, but its far to fucked up for my tastes.

6. Games   -   #46
    SirGray's Avatar .:Lucky:.™
    Ahhh I won't be able to play on my computer, its gotten to outdated, now im sad, Bioshock looks so awesome!
    KOS-MOS:"I have analyzed the situation,and by my current calculations I would say we are screwed."

7. Games   -   #47
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    First reviews are starting to come out.

PC Gamer UK
    A dark and astonishing masterpiece...I spend my career, and my gaming life, waiting for a moment when a game just astonishes me, when I can't believe what I'm seeing, what I'm doing. BioShock has five. [Sept 2007, p.66]
    Official Xbox Magazine UK
    Amazingly written and beautifully constructed, it's a complete emotional rollercoaster which we can't drawn any parallels with...You'll be playing this game for months to come, exchanging story elements to build up the bigger picture, and arguing about what it all means. [Sept 2007, p.88]

8. Games   -   #48
    The Bioshock is up XBL

however right now XBL is down because of everyone trying to dl it.

Server overload FTL!

9. Games   -   #49
    I got the demo last about midnight.

The download was slow as sheeeeiiitt!

10. Games   -   #50
    The geeme is fooking greete!

It's spooky as fuck.

It's playing that old 40's music.

Remember shock then bop (over the head).

When hacking security bots, uncover many tiles (or even all of them), look for what you need, swap, then move to where you wanna put it, swap again.

I deliberately made many of them come out so I could have a team of bots on my side when the barrage of splicers came out.

Search for everything.

Because looks so good and different, I found myself just looking around at shit.

2007 GOTY, so far and I've only played a fucking demo.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast